By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you like Animal Crossing?

cringer8 said:
I never played the GC version, but I did buy the DS version. I loved it. I was hooked for months. I caught all of the fish, most of the insects, and dug up all of the fossils. I didn't procure a lot of paintings (I got burned by that traveling salesman too many times). I did get all of the golden tools, though ^_^

I stopped playing once I had upgraded my house to the max and found all my favorite items (furniture and clothing). I think I still would have kept playing, but one of my favorite feline residents (I think I had a crush on her, haha) moved, out of the blue, for no friggin' reason. A stupid bitch of a giraffe moved in to take her place. ;_; I hated that giraffe.

I look forward to the Wii version. But I don't expect a "true" MMO out of it. There is no way Nintendo will allow kids to talk to random players or visit random towns freely. It will probably be similar to WW's online options. But we can always hope.

Happened to me too! Early 2006 was a different time.....

Around the Network
Bark said:

I'm with the others that love this game, but have no idea as to why. For whatever reason, it is fun to collect the random stuff, annoy your neighbors, and celebrate the various holidays.

I am sure a lot of you have seen this, but if you haven't, here is an Animal Crossing cartoon to bring a tear to your eye.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/11/animalcrossing_mirror.jpg

wow!

(ps: I LOVE AC) 

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

cringer8 said:
I think I still would have kept playing, but one of my favorite feline residents (I think I had a crush on her, haha) moved, out of the blue, for no friggin' reason.

Quiet you fool! That's the kind of opening Gamer Girl Elite uses to post cat-girl pictures. =O

Anyways I really liked the DS version, maybe because I could bring it with me, and it was a great time killer at work during off days. Finished the entire Museum. This game also made me realize I'm terrified of Scorpions. Seriously, two giant claws, and a poison barb? Spiders ain’t got shit on scorpions.

First time I encountered one in game I was out looking for bugs and I heard this really creepy scratching sound. Couldn’t see what the hell it was, and I hadn’t heard it before. I take a few steps and suddenly there’s a pop and my character collapses on the ground, something I hadn’t seen before. And then, a big scorpion struts out from a tree that was blocking my view and the screen goes to black. I was actually kind of freaking, wondering “Did I just die in animal crossing?!” which of course I didn’t, you wake up at your house but damn.

Remember, Scorpions glow when you shine UV lights on them. It’s their greatest weakness.

cringer8 said:
I never played the GC version, but I did buy the DS version. I loved it. I was hooked for months. I caught all of the fish, most of the insects, and dug up all of the fossils. I didn't procure a lot of paintings (I got burned by that traveling salesman too many times). I did get all of the golden tools, though ^_^

I stopped playing once I had upgraded my house to the max and found all my favorite items (furniture and clothing). I think I still would have kept playing, but one of my favorite feline residents (I think I had a crush on her, haha) moved, out of the blue, for no friggin' reason. A stupid bitch of a giraffe moved in to take her place. ;_; I hated that giraffe.

I look forward to the Wii version. But I don't expect a "true" MMO out of it. There is no way Nintendo will allow kids to talk to random players or visit random towns freely. It will probably be similar to WW's online options. But we can always hope.

I'm with ya, dude.  (tho mine was a squirrel )

Since there's no way it will be a true MMO game, I'd like to see it happen this way:

When you start the game, you have the option to go to one of two towns.  One is the town saved on your Wii, like normal, and the other is a town stored on a Nintendo server.  You and up to three friends could share this town.  If you wanted, you could delegate responsibilities, have contests, etc.  It could make you feel like you are living in the same community even if you are far away.  I think Nintendo could go for something like that (as long as everyone had each other's friend codes) and it would up the awesome level to over 9000.