By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo WiiU: Hate Vs Love

I hate it because I just realized how large the wiiu controller is. It's as long as my shih tzu, and I can't imagine wielding a controller that large. Just so unnatural...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

There is not one thing in the world that everyone would like and that is a good thing. That meaning we are not robots and don't all think the same. It's a little to early to say cause Nintendo will have to really impress me with the Wii U for me to love it, but I moved to the point that I know I'm buying it.

homer said:
I hate it because I just realized how large the wiiu controller is. It's as long as my shih tzu, and I can't imagine wielding a controller that large. Just so unnatural...

Perhaps, you should try holding 1 in your hands before concluding it's unnatural. The button placements are still within reach of your fingers...

it looks great... but way they presented it, i didn't really know they where showing off the new console at first.. also they did the exact same thing with the Wii. the presentation was great but they didn't tell us anything about it until 2006 E3, that's why i expect the same formula for E3 2012

I'll love it if they (Nintendo) will decide to continue Wiimotion+ development and supporting as well. I'll hate it if they decide to scrap motion controls and pointer functionality. Take Zelda for example:

Why would I want that if Skyward Sword delivers good motion swordfights as promised? On the other hand, other games would benefit from it.

Around the Network
freebs2 said:

I'll love it if they (Nintendo) will decide to continue Wiimotion+ development and supporting as well. I'll hate it if they decide to scrap motion controls and pointer functionality. Take Zelda for example:

Why would I want that if Skyward Sword delivers good motion swordfights as promised? On the other hand, other games would benefit from it.

They can’t ditch the Wiimotes as they are part of Wii U. they will use them both didn’t you see the trailer for it? How they used Wiimotes and the screen at the same time like playing golf or the multiplayer games?

In fact Aonuma(SP) said in an ign interview that he wanted to keep motion sword fighting from Zelda SS in the new HD Zelda and use the U controller at the same time. The controller will be like a bag full of items that you pick up and chose the items you need lol or as a map. Maybe they will use to walk a round and stuff and then when you need to fight you grab the wiimote and nunchuck fight, aim or whatever motion game play you need to do

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
freebs2 said:

They can’t ditch the Wiimotes as they are part of Wii U. they will use them both didn’t you see the trailer for it? How they used Wiimotes and the screen at the same time like playing golf or the multiplayer games?

In fact Aonuma(SP) said in an ign interview that he wanted to keep motion sword fighting from Zelda SS in the new HD Zelda and use the U controller at the same time. The controller will be like a bag full of items that you pick up and chose the items you need lol or as a map. Maybe they will use to walk a round and stuff and then when you need to fight you grab the wiimote and nunchuck fight, aim or whatever motion game play you need to do

Yes I saw all the trailers. And good news about zelda HD interview anyway I did't knew that. However what I was saying is just that some games will benefit more from motion controls, some others will benefit more form touch-screen. I hope developers (not only Nintendo) will be wise enough to judge properly what type of control fit their games the best and not just ditch the Wiimote beacuse is "casual stuff" or because it's not a novelty anymore. I'd like to see some more games to be reassured.

Galaki said:
homer said:

Perhaps, you should try holding 1 in your hands before concluding it's unnatural. The button placements are still within reach of your fingers...

After taking a long look at the controller, my opinion remains unchanged. I will want to try one out, but the controller stilll looks bad imo. No analog stick button? And it looks like my hand may accidently hit those buttons below the analog sticks...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I think the negative reactions are ridiculous.

Its very much like when the wiimote was first shown, only difference is that U is even a bit more difficult to understand.

And just like my imagination made me sick of gamepads before the wiimote was even released, I'm now sick of always having to turn my console on and off, and the thought of it monopolizing my television seems like something out of the stone age.

theARTIST0017 said:
Honestly the console and the controller itself is very promising. (Kinda wish it had analog sticks instead of the circle pads). I think the thing that let people down was the naming of the console Wii-U. Kind of Silly but overall i don't really care as long as the games come.

totaly agree. The wii-u is gonna be my next system of choice !