By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Vista tops the list of Yahoo's 10 Worst Tech Products of 2007

CB said:
I'm glad I use Mac.

Did you only read the title? I'll help you out here: "(Now, before you Mac fanboys out there begin gloating, let me remind you that Leopard shipped a full six months late, and that many users are still suffering from sluggish, buggy systems after upgrading.)"

Around the Network
Cobretti said:
CB said:
I'm glad I use Mac.

Did you only read the title? I'll help you out here: "(Now, before you Mac fanboys out there begin gloating, let me remind you that Leopard shipped a full six months late, and that many users are still suffering from sluggish, buggy systems after upgrading.)"

Oouch...

THE NETHERLANDS

I'm still running 2000 at home! Using XP at the office, but when the guy asked if we wanted to use Vista at the office...

My father is running a small motel, and has Vista running on two laptops. I warned him, turned out to be the worst decision he ever made. Its been months, and they still don't work properly. I can't even help him out, because it is Vista...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It eats up ram, but at least it's not mac OS, I hate macs operating system sooooo much.

I guess I like right clicking, installing software and typing on word too much

lolita said:
I think Vista would be best if it didn't had those following issues:

-Compability issues, getting better but still not quite there.
-Memory sucker... Really, this is annoying. You spend tons of $ on a new computer or an upgrade and it sucks it all up!
-Cancel or allow... I don't think I need to say more.

I currently have Vista.  Other then a few small problems...the biggest being my screensaver wouldn't turn on automatically, because programs must have been blocking it or something...also Vista-related game problems that usually got fixed shortly...it's been alright.

I'd prefer XP, I have Vista cause I bought this PC from a friend who got Vista for nearly free.

As for the "cancel or allow" thing...I had that, MAN that was annoying...anytime you changed any setting on a program or Windows or whatever...my screen would zonk out and it'd rip me into a "ALLOW OR NOT ALLOW" message box.  But you can turn off that option, just as you can turn off most of the Vista features that bug you. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

nop actually am not that suprised, just when I heard windows vista..... just by the name I said is probably crap XD lol and am not the guy to have a bad opinion about something I don't have...... My XP is fine

damkira said:

haha

Vista isn't that bad, although I only got my new laptop a few weeks ago and haven't yet figured out how to reach a command prompt.

In the search of the windows start bar type cmd or start > all programs > accessories > command prompt. In fact... the same way it was always done?

Yes

Vista is a nice upgrade from XP. Only because its the new OS, but having OS new isn't always good. Vista has problems, I have 1GB running on my computer and Vista is eating away, slowing my computer down when I have multiple windows up.

I think its time for me to add more RAM to my computer and start to take advantage of Vista. But other than that Windows Vista is a decent OS for now, its nothing new. Microsoft really touted this multiple-window gimmick, where you can cycle through all your windows, that is really good and got me to get Vista but I hardly use it.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial

I don't really like Vista either. I tried it out on my "old" laptop(from late 2005) 2.13 ghz Pentium M, 1gb ram, 60gb 7.2k rpm hd, 128mb Radeon X700 and it slowed it to a crawl. I couldn't really do anything. I changed it out very quickly after that back to XP (though I do prefer 2000 pro).

That was a few months ago. I haven't bothered to try it on the desktop I put together this past summer/fall. I just put XP on it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@ OP: And Vista deserves it... What a crappy product.