By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2011 full analysis (and updates as we go along)

I am a little skeptical about the ergonomics of the new controller. It's like they said "forget all the lessons in ergonomics from the past 20 years, lets make a rectangle to hold.....a big rectangle." I can't imagine preferring to play a FPS on that over a PS3 or 360 controller.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
I am a little skeptical about the ergonomics of the new controller. It's like they said "forget all the lessons in ergonomics from the past 20 years, lets make a rectangle to hold.....a big rectangle." I can't imagine preferring to play a FPS on that over a PS3 or 360 controller.

Also i question the analogues being above the D-Pad and face buttons. Will be the opposite of all controllers up to the point.

Aldro said:
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN:

Was the controller : Wii U? WHAT THE FUCK?

That is interesting that they never actually showed the console, only the controller. I doubt the controller itself is the system, they did say that it would stream from the console to the controller so there has to be some box they are streaming it from. But it seems odd that they don't even have a system to show yet.

This does seem incredibly premature. No system, no games, just a name and a controller. Even they know the wii isn't a viable platform anymore, so to keep a buzz around themselves they announced their new console a year and a half (probably) out without any games or even a system to show. They just needed something to put out there.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

will you be able to see the hd graphic on your tv or just on the wiiu??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

hiroko said:
omg this whas soo lane

Why are you spamming this thread so much if it doesn't interest you?

Around the Network

so they announced Wii HD..

finally..

wondering how ghost recon online will work, if "Wii u" ends up with similar online like wii.. considering nintendo announced nothing about improving their online..

they are in a huge predicament if they think they'll touch core gamers with that tablet alone, and not much of an improvement online(considering they're focusing on living room experiences with family), and if sony and microsoft decide to go nexgen next year.. that's not a good thing for them..

What's scarier....

Activision wasn't on the developer list.. neither was rockstar.. or.. epic games.. they must not seemed convinced "wii u" will attract a huge audience.. wonder if sony will use NGP as a way to distract from console to controller gaming at home, since a huge feature sony announced for NGP was console gaming from anywhere in the world with NGP.. through cloud storage..

good thing is, that this means PS3/360 may last a bit longer thanks to nintendo not taking a huge leap in visuals.. just finally getting on board with this gen as of right now

mM

Actually (to correct myself) IGN has a picture of the console now

(edit) WTH, why can't I just copy an image like I used to? I swear these forums get a little bit worse with every iteration.

Edit2: There, I used the "insert image button" I guess copying and pasting was too easy before.

Yeah, the lack of Wii titles was really a slap to the face. As a Wii only owner, it seems that even Nintendo has decided to stop catering to their few core members. I am sad. Although I am excited for Wii U. I will have to think about getting one though.

Maybe they don't want people to get hyped as much as they did with the Nintendo 3DS, although the release was still over a year away, because over such a long period of time, it's likely that you will get disappointed in the end. Maybe Nintendo will release more and more information about the hardware and games over the next year, so that consumers get hyped right before the release of the console.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

The_vagabond7 said:

Actually (to correct myself) IGN has a picture of the console now

(edit) WTH, why can't I just copy an image like I used to? I swear these forums get a little bit worse with every iteration.

Edit2: There, I used the "insert image button" I guess copying and pasting was too easy before.

Huh not bad. Wait, whats its controller look like?

Oh dear lord . . .

So . . . are there any motion controls for them this gen?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.