By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS VIta: $249 for Wi-fi, $299 for 3G - Global 2011 Release

NightDragon83 said:
Totally did not expect it to come in at $250... i expected a $299 base model / non 3G, and $349-$399 for a fully loaded 3G model.

3DS price drop to $199 by the fall CONFIRMED lol.

This should be a given, otherwise the heads at Nintendo have lost their minds if they think they can sell the 3DS on the merits of glassless 3D and the Nintendo brand name alone at the same price as the Vita.

Barring games, the capabilities aren't even on par with one another, and that's without even taking the discrepancies between hardware specs into consideration. 

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
wfz said:
Huh weird, I expected to come in here and hear everyone complaining about the lame appearance the Vita made. My friend and I just both watched the conference and not a single game nor feature interested us. We were both actually sad to see how hollow Uncharted looked. You can't outsource a Naughty Dog game like that...

Also, why does it feel like the Vita and the PS3 are getting a lot of the same games? I want my portable system to be unique... Because if it means getting the same game, I'd rather play it in greater glory/detail/resolution/comfort on the home console.

That's my friend's and my take on the Vita. Why are you guys excited? I want to hear where your point of view is coming from.

Playing games seamlessly on the go and on my PS3. The intuitive reloading tough screen of uncharted. The melee intuitive of uncharted. The ease of track building for modnation and LBP, just looking at teh LBP levels with touch screen is worth $249 IMO.

I respect if its not for you but to not understand why 95% of people are really excited about a $249 price tag with the product coming this year and what we saw, i have to question your intent, if im being frank.

I agree. Plus @wfz didn't you say in another thread that you couldn't find one good thing to say about psp (unlike all the other consoles)? Maybe it's just the games on the Nintedo portables that appeal to you. I personally have never bought a console/handheld at launch, but at such a price I sure will. When he announced the price I was blown away. Plus with 80 games in development, I'm sure many will be great.

ramses01 said:
Great price. Does anyone have the specs? Is it still gimped like the most recent rumors suggested?

Gimped from what?  The original rumors?

Lack of 3rd party titles should have Sony fans worried.....

This price is insane!!!!! Most people were predicting a price of around $499 to $599!! This is absolutely insane! DAY ONE PURCHASE!!!! Amazing job Sony!!! I can't wait!!!

Around the Network
irstupid said:
steverhcp02 said:
wfz said:
Huh weird, I expected to come in here and hear everyone complaining about the lame appearance the Vita made. My friend and I just both watched the conference and not a single game nor feature interested us. We were both actually sad to see how hollow Uncharted looked. You can't outsource a Naughty Dog game like that...

Also, why does it feel like the Vita and the PS3 are getting a lot of the same games? I want my portable system to be unique... Because if it means getting the same game, I'd rather play it in greater glory/detail/resolution/comfort on the home console.

That's my friend's and my take on the Vita. Why are you guys excited? I want to hear where your point of view is coming from.

Playing games seamlessly on the go and on my PS3. The intuitive reloading tough screen of uncharted. The melee intuitive of uncharted. The ease of track building for modnation and LBP, just looking at teh LBP levels with touch screen is worth $249 IMO.

I respect if its not for you but to not understand why 95% of people are really excited about a $249 price tag with the product coming this year and what we saw, i have to question your intent, if im being frank.

do you have to buy the game twice then?  one for PS3 and one fro PSV?  or just buy the ps3 game.

if the later, how is psv going to make any money on software if most are just playing those games?  cause the games shown, it seemed like most were essentially ps3 ports.

I dont think you understand the definition fo "port" compared to "franchise"

And as for buying the game twice, i dont see why youd have to if i can play Portal on my PS3 and on Steam for one price.

hiroko said:
what the hell did i have diffrent eyes then some other people here..uncharted looked OMFG sick! soo does wipout
and a new killzone is comming and 80 other games!!!

now what has 3ds..ow wait..a 10 year old zelda game

EXACTLY! I don't get it either! 0_0 lot of people here were going nuts about SSF3ds and such...and the PSV is getting SFvT an upcoming game WITH extra characters

and Silent hill

and Bioshock

Uncharted GA looked amazing...Wipeout 2048 looked amazing..both are brand new games and not ports

and the price...not over priced for what it's packing at all!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

greenmedic88 said:
IamAwsome said:
Either the PSV's tech is oder then we thought, or Sony is selling this at a huge loss.

Neither. A lot of people just overestimated the BOM on the devices without actually sourcing comparable parts. 

Not made out of melted down gold bricks. Entry model probably has a BOM of about $200 and I'm willing to wait for iSuppli to do their breakdown for confirmation. 

BoM is not all that's involved in an item's cost to produce.  Assembly and shipping also play an important role.

greenmedic88 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Totally did not expect it to come in at $250... i expected a $299 base model / non 3G, and $349-$399 for a fully loaded 3G model.

3DS price drop to $199 by the fall CONFIRMED lol.

This should be a given, otherwise the heads at Nintendo have lost their minds if they think they can sell the 3DS on the merits of glassless 3D and the Nintendo brand name alone at the same price as the Vita.

Barring games, the capabilities aren't even on par with one another, and that's without even taking the discrepancies between hardware specs into consideration. 

Pretty much sums it up... and did I hear wrong during the conference, or did they announce that the Vita through the use of its cameras will be capable of the same "augmented reality" features that the 3DS can do? (minus the glasses-free 3D of course).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

hiroko said:
what the hell did i have diffrent eyes then some other people here..uncharted looked OMFG sick! soo does wipout
and a new killzone is comming and 80 other games!!!

now what has 3ds..ow wait..a 10 year old zelda game

No it's gonna have a 3D Mario game and Mario Kart game:) boom shakalaka

Nintendo needs no price cut, it needs the games which it will get.