By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question about PSN+ and trophies.

Acevil said:
tendoronie67 said:
okay what about burnout paridice its like $45 in australia but its $0 with playstation plus would i keep that??

Don't hold me 100% on this, but I believe that anything free is stuck to PSN Plus, so you leave the service, you lose the title. 

Awwk thanks anyway because if it stays we all actually get 3 full games for free 

Around the Network

Right, let's clear this up. This is the entire situation as I see it.

PSN+ is a paid service. As a member, you get to download content for free, or for a special discount. Any content you download for free can only be accessed for as long as you are a PSN+ member. Any content you pay for, even if it is with a PSN+ discount, you keep, even should you let your membership lapse.

There is also a third category of content: one-hour trails of full games. These trial games can be downloaded and sampled for 1 hour. After this, you either pay for the game to play it further, or simply delete it.

So, that's the three categories of content: free, paid, and premium trial (which is unlike a demo in that it is the full game, not just a section of it).

All trophies earned for free or paid games or DLC are kept, regardless of whether you stay with PSN+ or not. Trophies earned during a premium trial will be lost if you do not purchase the full game, but your PS3 will remember you collected them should you buy the game later -- the trophies are simply not synched to the main Sony servers.

So, that's everything as I'm aware of it. I've been a PSN+ member for a long time now, and it's one of the best services I've ever bought into. I've had an absolute ton of good games and content, far, far more than I paid for. If anyone has any more questions, just ask.

Xero said:
marciosmg said:
Thats the worst part of the Welcome Back program.

Sony offers you something that will last only 30 days unless you pay her more.

What kind of gift is that?

Well you do get to keep some of the content permantly, obviously discounts stay too. Are you saying you'd deny the offer? It wasn't like PS+ was the only thing Sony offered you either.

No, I didnt make myself understood well.

I have PS Plus and I love it.

Now, this was supposed to be a way for Sony to compensate fans for the PSN thing.

But instead of giving us just the gifts, they continue trying to get customers hooked to pay more?

Cause thats what the free PS Plus month is. Something to get people hooked so they will pay for it later.

So, instead of being just compensation, it becomes just another comercial, marketing plot.

Call me naive (I probably am ) but I wish this welcome back program was a simple sorry from Sony. No strings attached. No plan to try to get more money from us later on.

Just a simple clear-cut compensation. But, companies will be companies.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

It is pretty simple.

Games for free from PS+ = you have access to them as long as your subscription is active.
Discounted games/themes/Avatars/DLC = Yours Forever
Free Themes/Avatars/DLC = Yours Forever

Also despite what some fools think the Welcome Back games are not in any way associated with PS+. They are also yours forever.

marciosmg said:
Mirson said:
Yeah you're correct. Pretty sure you can download free games from your other accounts. Haven't tried though.

Yes, you can. I have a main account that is american and another in the UK. Got 2 games from each store.

Well, this should be the part where I really cash in.

Around the Network

I'm just glad ++++++++ are back!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Also set your PS3 to update automatically, its a cool feature. I've set it to update at 4-6 o'clock in the morning so I never have to wait for patches to download and then install.

With the free plus we all get the uncharted 3 beta early so there was no use of having the two stages in the beta now but there would have been if there was no outage.

J.a.M said:
can anyone with PS+ membership tell me about the killzone DLC? does it work the same as the free games they cycle every month. Will I lose the steel rain map pack and the end of the 30 days???

Type 2. You will no longer be able to access and use the following PlayStation Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires, even if you downloaded them before expiry:"

• PlayStation Network games
  • PSone games
  • Minis
  • Premium game elements

James Thorpe's original blog post said premium game elements and/or DLC would be given to PlayStation Plus subscribers each month. His new post retracts that.

We're talking to Sony now and trying to work out exactly what you can and can't keep.

Original story: Sony has apologised for misleading PlayStation Plus members into believing they could keep PS3 game DLC when their subscriptions lapsed.

marciosmg said:
Xero said:
marciosmg said:
Thats the worst part of the Welcome Back program.

Sony offers you something that will last only 30 days unless you pay her more.

What kind of gift is that?

Well you do get to keep some of the content permantly, obviously discounts stay too. Are you saying you'd deny the offer? It wasn't like PS+ was the only thing Sony offered you either.

No, I didnt make myself understood well.

I have PS Plus and I love it.

Now, this was supposed to be a way for Sony to compensate fans for the PSN thing.

But instead of giving us just the gifts, they continue trying to get customers hooked to pay more?

Cause thats what the free PS Plus month is. Something to get people hooked so they will pay for it later.

So, instead of being just compensation, it becomes just another comercial, marketing plot.

Call me naive (I probably am ) but I wish this welcome back program was a simple sorry from Sony. No strings attached. No plan to try to get more money from us later on.

Just a simple clear-cut compensation. But, companies will be companies.

You lost almost a month of playstation network. To make up for it they give you 2 free games you get to keep. 4 if you have a PSP as well. Then the premium version of PSN for a month that gives you a bunch of discounts, themes and avatars that you do keep after the subscription period, and free games that last for the period of a subscription that they won't charge you for.

It seems pretty fine to me. You're getting potentially over 120$ in content and discounts to make up for lost time. Then you consider that this is ffor over 50Million people (forgot how many PSN accounts were out there at the time of the hack) that get this and SONY's throwing a lot of money for the customers here.

4 ≈ One