By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which MMO do you prefer?

blkfish92 said:
Rainbird said:

Don't worry, I get it. I'm a console gamer myself. I'm not buying a gaming PC until Guild Wars 2 is coming out.

Ah I see,  good to know that you understand what I meant lol, I'll take a look at guild wars 2 it sounds very interesting. 

Glad to hear it. It can be hard to draw attention to PC games on this forum, and Guild Wars 2 really deserves way more attention.

Around the Network

I'm a long time Final Fantasy XI fan and played it pretty much a good chunk of my late middle school and my entire high school career. I'm a bit of an old fart when it comes to it though. I'm like "I remember when!" all the time. Now the game is all casual and is built in a way to actually appeal to people. Pfffffh what business needs money when you can just make an impossibly hard and ridiculous MMO that requires people to basically quit their job to play?

Oculin's Box - Sometimes I think about video games when I'm not playing them.

i tried A LOT of MMOs, and ive been stuck to World of Warcraft for almost 3 Years.. other People almost reach the Seventh soon, but still, 3 is a lot imo.

i am not into PC Gaming anymore, so most of em are done for me, but yes, WOW is still (by far), the best one out there.

@Chevinator:

Most people who said that Wow is way to casual, didnt even scratch the latest raidbosses.. dont wanna beat you to them, since i dont know your raid progress, but its like that with 99% of those crybabies. ^^

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

never liked WoW.... too casual not really RP... and way too many NPCs.... I use to be a big ultima online fan back in the days on private shards with 0 NPC's now that was some serious RPG.... lol

haven't played in a while though.... waiting on diablo 3 if you can call that an RPG... ( i don't)..... and have seen one called rift that looks way better than WoW when it comes to character building and PvP...... but that's my feeling..... I do like anarchy online also..... guild war 2 and SW look great too.... but to me WoW is to RPG what iPhone is to smartphones.... just the most famous....

Not really in to MMO's but if i had to chose i say DC universe. :)

Around the Network
Oculin said:
I'm a long time Final Fantasy XI fan and played it pretty much a good chunk of my late middle school and my entire high school career. I'm a bit of an old fart when it comes to it though. I'm like "I remember when!" all the time. Now the game is all casual and is built in a way to actually appeal to people. Pfffffh what business needs money when you can just make an impossibly hard and ridiculous MMO that requires people to basically quit their job to play?

Final Fantasy XI was always pretty casual ...

GW2 is definitely something I am waiting for. In the meantime I went back to playing Age of Conan on the Deathwish (Blood & Glory Ruleset) server. So far it's a lot of fun.

www.splitreason.com | Video Game and Geek clothing for the masses!

If I had time to get back into it I'd take a peek at EVE. I love hearing the stories of griefing, PVP, and large fleet battles. Looking forwards to Dust514 to shake things up.

Lord of the Rings Online.

I used to play Guild Wars and I loved it, I still go back and play it every 6-7 months and get deep into it again lol. But it is hard to put a lot of time into an MMO, they are very time consuming.