By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 2011: The year of summer blockbusters.

This is a simple thread to discuss 2011, and the strong level of box office movies that are being released that could be called blockbusters. While these movies will not have profound effect on the medium, they are still very enjoyable films, that produce a lot of wealth for film industry.

Some of the films that will reflect summer season (Even if they were released in Spring) are:

Captain America: The First Avenger

Cars 2

Cowboys and Aliens

Fast Five

Green Lantern

Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows: Part II

Hangover Part II

Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides

Thor

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

X-men: First Class

Overall the year has many films to consider for example a new Tin-Tin film, that should not disappoint.

Some questions I ask: Are you hyped for this year? Do you even care about any of those titles? What titles are you hyped for? Which ones have you already seen? 

Around the Network

Saving them for the winter months but ...

Captain America: The First Avenger - not interested
Cars 2 - no interested
Cowboys and Aliens - interested
Fast Five - huh?
Green Hornet - Possibly
Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows: Part II - No
Hangover Part II - Love Brad Cooper, but no.
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides - Will watch.
Thor - No
Transformers: Dark of the moon - Can't wait!
X-men: First Class - Can't wait!!

You also missed out Final Destination 5, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Apollo 18!

Seece said:
Saving them for the winter months but ...

Captain America: The First Avenger - not interested
Cars 2 - no interested
Cowboys and Aliens - interested
Fast Five - huh?
Green Hornet - Possibly
Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows: Part II - No
Hangover Part II - Love Brad Cooper, but no.
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides - Will watch.
Thor - No
Transformers: Dark of the moon - Can't wait!
X-men: First Class - Can't wait!!

You also missed out Final Destination 5, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Apollo 18!

I would add movies in, and was planning to do trailer by trailer, but it seems the editing post options is down. 

I've only movies from that list I'v seen The Green Hornet and Thor, I don't think either were very good movies.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:

I've only movies from that list I'v seen The Green Hornet and Thor, I don't think either were very good movies.

Well, majority of them just recently came out or are not out yet, but hopefully you will find something you like. Also Thor was an awesome movie..also I meant Green Lantern....not hornet. 

Around the Network

God damn so many movies I want to see >_<

yo_john117 said:

I left out so many films, because I defined blockbuster as something that really brings in money and has a huge budget. 

Acevil said:
yo_john117 said:

I left out so many films, because I defined blockbuster as something that really brings in money and has a huge budget. 

Yeah I really don't keep up with films anymore so I have virtually no clue about movies until a friend mentions it or something like that.

The one movie I REALLY want to see is "The Hobbit" I don't know when its coming out but I really can't wait for it.

go captain america!

I should have asked, which one is going to be the biggest this year, but I think the safest answer is Harry Potter.