By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Video Comparison : Metal Gear Solid 3DS vs. PS2

Roma said:
Meh I’m boycotting Konami until they show me that they are serious about support. I was really looking foreword to this game but not anymore. I mean who the hell do they think we are? You can’t just throw crap at us and expect us to grab it! (not saying that the game is crap but it was not what they showed but it was going to be)

Exactly. I remember when mister Kojima was interested in making a Wii game. Where is that game? Atleast the 3DS got a game that he made before... But still its just a port. So meh.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@roma im sorry man i dont buy it. MGS3d looked just as good last year and i trust Kojima and his boys alot more than the RE team, but for all our sakes i hope the end product looks that good

You're wrong. Last year's MGS3 demo was in-engine, but not in-game. They were just running a tech demo, not something playable. We've seen RE: Revelations playable, and RE: Mercs as well, and they're both well-above PS2 graphics.

naznatips said:
oniyide said:
@roma im sorry man i dont buy it. MGS3d looked just as good last year and i trust Kojima and his boys alot more than the RE team, but for all our sakes i hope the end product looks that good

You're wrong. Last year's MGS3 demo was in-engine, but not in-game. They were just running a tech demo, not something playable. We've seen RE: Revelations playable, and RE: Mercs as well, and they're both well-above PS2 graphics.

Exactly. Capcom has come through in the past. They've actually showen effort in their products. Konami and Kojima have not as shown by this latest trailer of of MGS3: 3D. Then take that announcement of the HD collection that will incldue MGS3 and you have the answer to where their support went.  They like many companies were just making lip service to a Nintendo system. It was expected of course but at least many others didn't actually produce something that look good only to turn around and produce a game that looks worse. Better had they shown nothing in the first place it they weren't going to follow through. Watch how they blame 3DS owners when it doesn't sell and continues to have a negative backlash.

Linkasf said:
Roma said:
Meh I’m boycotting Konami until they show me that they are serious about support. I was really looking foreword to this game but not anymore. I mean who the hell do they think we are? You can’t just throw crap at us and expect us to grab it! (not saying that the game is crap but it was not what they showed but it was going to be)

Exactly. I remember when mister Kojima was interested in making a Wii game. Where is that game? Atleast the 3DS got a game that he made before... But still its just a port. So meh.

Yeah I have been thinking about that and it feels like it is just BS or maybe he was planning on something but felt that he wanted more power so he just pushed it aside to work on PS3 or 360 :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

@Roma blind, really?? yeah because companies have never made videos that show "actual" gameplay that looks good and what we end up getting wasnt what was promised. Maybe Capcom just showed a video and pretended to have someone play it, it has been done before and ive seen Revelations and Mercenaries blow it away. Until i actually see it running on a 3DS with my own eyes, i remain skeptical, i dont trust Capcom

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@Roma blind, really?? yeah because companies have never made videos that show "actual" gameplay that looks good and what we end up getting wasnt what was promised. Maybe Capcom just showed a video and pretended to have someone play it, it has been done before and ive seen Revelations and Mercenaries blow it away. Until i actually see it running on a 3DS with my own eyes, i remain skeptical, i dont trust Capcom

ummmm.... You do know that Merc is out and has Revelations demo on it right? People are currently playing them..... and we have videos in the Nintendo forum.....

@naznatips point taken, then there is something seriously wrong going on in the FOX house. but i will say this some people are whining too much. Companies do this crap some times, they put out a video that looks great but the end product looks not so great. It sucks but lets be grown up about it, its not some evil conspiracy against Ninty (tired of hearing that crap) Sony did it with KZ2 and Konami did it with MGS4 they both still were great games and sold millions. MGS3d will do the same (maybe not millions). Remember there also outsourcing MGSR to another dev team (supposedly) so i dont believe its some crap about hating Ninty and making a game HD doesnt take anything, i think there is just some strife between Kojima and Konami right now

@dahuman then i stand corrected and something is wrong at Konami, if you wanna boycott thats cool, but your missing the best game in the series, IMHO

oniyide said:
@dahuman then i stand corrected and something is wrong at Konami, if you wanna boycott thats cool, but your missing the best game in the series, IMHO

But I've played it, I've stated a long time ago that my MGS rating is as follows, MGS1, MGS3, MGS4, MGS2 lol. PW is somewhere in the clouds and I don't know what to make of it since the presentation is really different. I'd love to relive a better looking MGS3 in 3D but it currently looks like the same ol' shit.

oniyide said:
@naznatips point taken, then there is something seriously wrong going on in the FOX house. but i will say this some people are whining too much. Companies do this crap some times, they put out a video that looks great but the end product looks not so great. It sucks but lets be grown up about it, its not some evil conspiracy against Ninty (tired of hearing that crap) Sony did it with KZ2 and Konami did it with MGS4 they both still were great games and sold millions. MGS3d will do the same (maybe not millions). Remember there also outsourcing MGSR to another dev team (supposedly) so i dont believe its some crap about hating Ninty and making a game HD doesnt take anything, i think there is just some strife between Kojima and Konami right now

But that's the stupid thing. I played their interactive tech demo at E3 last year. I saw what it could have looked like if they'd put effort into it, and it genuinely was way above the PS2 version. Kojima himself stated that that demo was closer to the PS3 than the PS2, and we know it was in-engine because we had full camera control during the demo (could rotate, zoom, etc.) as things happened in real time. 

On the other hand, Capcom have delivered a SSFIV that would be nearly indistinguishable from the HD versions if not for the static background, and RE: Mercs and RE: Revelations which, while not PS360 level, certainly show visuals somewhere in-between there and the Wii, and well above the PS2. So we have one company churning out 3 games of top-quality visuals in the same time it takes another company to release a bad PS2 port, when we know they could have done better. I think that's clearly a problem, and this isn't a game people should support. 

Heck, even Kojima's talk of his HD collections being better than the PSP Remasters series Sony has started is bollucks. Look at the screens. They're the same thing, just an artificial upscale + anti-aliasing, which is exactly what Sony's PSP Remasters are (and Ubisoft's HD remakes for that matter). All I know is the new engine better yield a damn good new game, cause what Kojima Productions is showing otherwise is lazy crap. 

PS: As an owner of the game I can tell you that MGS: PW screen above is a bullshot. For what Peace Walker actually looks like, check here: http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/mgs-hd-collection---screenshot/1218503