By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stream MP3s to your Wii

One thing the following article does not mention is you need the Web Browser channel in order to use it.

With an account set up you can go to http://www.mp3tunes.com/wiitunes

EDIT:  I should have added that this is also applicable to the PS3, but unfortunately I grabbed the title from the news post I read for the thread title.

MP3tunes Announces Custom Technology for Wii, Plus More Music for New Year's

SAN DIEGO, Dec. 27 -- The thousands and thousands of people who were lucky enough to unwrap a new Nintendo Wii this holiday season can now play all their digital music through the gaming device with new technology from MP3tunes -- http://www.mp3tunes.com. Developed by Rodney Powers for MP3tunes, owners of the Wii can now use the device's controller to wirelessly stream their personal music collections from their own Music Lockers. Music stored in MP3tunes Music Lockers can also be played on the Sony PlayStation 3, Windows Mobile devices, a variety of Internet radios and more, thanks to the MP3tunes open API (Application Programming Interface).

"The Wii is the latest popular gaming device that, with MP3tunes' technology, actually becomes a home stereo system," commented Michael Robertson, CEO of MP3tunes. "Consumers shouldn't be limited in where or how they enjoy their personal music collections, and we will continue to announce new ways MP3tunes is fulfilling its vision of giving people access to all of their music, anywhere they go."

MP3tunes is offering free playlists to sideload to the Music Locker for immediate access on the Wii and other devices. "To demonstrate how simple it is to add playlists to a Locker, we've created, in partnership with CDBaby, a terrific New Year's Eve music set for our customers," commented Emily Richards, President of MP3tunes. "With just one click, this New Year's playlist is sideloaded to your Music Locker for access on dozens of devices -- with no listening limits." Sideload the playlist to your MP3tunes Locker at http://www.mp3tunes.com/

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

what's the point? 0.o

Fudge packing Homosexuals:-

- Soriku

- Claudel250 <=== or born again fudge packing tranny.

- Rolstopabble

- John lucas

- Avynash riag

- Naznatips

Willy Wanka said:
what's the point? 0.o

I can imagine that if you have a nice sound system for your TV and not your PC it would make for a nice feature.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

I find Orb much more useful. You can retrieve all the music and videos from your computer and listen to/view them on your Wii.

CrashMan said:
Willy Wanka said:
what's the point? 0.o

I can imagine that if you have a nice sound system for your TV and not your PC it would make for a nice feature.

I guess but really this type of feature is somehting to be left for the PS3 and 360 since they do it better.

- Soriku

- Rolstopabble

- John lucas

- Avynash riag

- Naznatips

Around the Network
Willy Wanka said:
CrashMan said:
Willy Wanka said:
what's the point? 0.o

I guess but really this type of feature is somehting to be left for the PS3 and 360 since they do it better.

That's not really applicable for people who don't own a PS3 or 360

Soriku said:
To listen to Willy Wonka songs.

hahahahahaha man thats a laugh! when i got it i couldnt stop laughing! hahahahah

Keep it real guys, dont hate mario, hate the player

Currently playing:
Geometry Wars galaxies, Animal Crossing wild world, Pangya swing with style, SSX Blur

CrashMan said:
Willy Wanka said:
CrashMan said:
Willy Wanka said:
what's the point? 0.o

That's not really applicable for people who don't own a PS3 or 360

but surely these people own dicated sound systems or PC's

- Soriku

- Rolstopabble

- John lucas

- Avynash riag

- Naznatips

Soriku said:
To listen to Willy Wonka songs.

LOL ... I am convinced you and Leo-J are the same folks ... LOL ... and what's wrong with Willy Wonka songs, btw?! /sarcasm

XD at signature!!!

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M