By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Leaked specifications list for the Project Cafe

I'm 100% certain the system won't be stream based.  The world's Internet infrastructure cannot support it.  Worse still are regions with little to no Internet service at all.

It wil be the size of a Wii or larger.  I have a disassembled Wii on my shelf right now and the largest consumer of real estate inside is the disc drive.  Since it can't be all stream based and does require a disc drive, that's your minimum size dimensions for the console.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

If it truly pushes the machines limits then i might take an interest in it. Also Nintendo needs Third Party support which they should recive sense it will be more powerful than 360 and ps3. Im actually starting to like what this Project Cafe can turn out to be. Lets hope some of this is true. 

I don't know why but they sound realistic to me!

maybe Nintendo will try to receive more 3rd party support and Ps3/Xbox360 games

who knows, it's just a week

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Only thing I could actually see being streamable would be the Virtual Console games. Remember the Sega Channel? Yeah that was Pre-DubStep. (before 1999 but WELL before 2011) and it was capable of doing that. I don't much care about the size of the machine just as long as it doesn't overheat and flash/beep at me.

I still don't understand this Streaming controller business. How would that even make sense? Rumors are silly. Just like people who think DubStep is new. :)

Yokijirou said:

Only thing I could actually see being streamable would be the Virtual Console games. Remember the Sega Channel? Yeah that was Pre-DubStep. (before 1999 but WELL before 2011) and it was capable of doing that. I don't much care about the size of the machine just as long as it doesn't overheat and flash/beep at me.

I still don't understand this Streaming controller business. How would that even make sense? Rumors are silly. Just like people you think DubStep is new. :)

The Sega Channel wasn't a streaming service.  It was a download service much like standard game download content is today.  What made it unique was that it operated through the standard cable TV service with the games being broadcast on rotation.  Your console had to wait until that game was broadcast again and it was downloaded into RAM (meanign you also erased the game once you turned off the console).

Streaming means the content is held at a remote location and all the information is processed there.  Your commands are sent to the remote server which acts like a game console which then sends the video of the action to your system and eventually your TV.   The problem is the amount of bandwidth needed to stream high quality game video is prohibative for all but the fastest connections.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Yokijirou said:

I still don't understand this Streaming controller business. How would that even make sense? Rumors are silly. Just like people you think DubStep is new. :)

The Sega Channel wasn't a streaming service.  It was a download service much like standard game download content is today.  What made it unique was that it operated through the standard cable TV service with the games being broadcast on rotation.  Your console had to wait until that game was broadcast again and it was downloaded into RAM (meanign you also erased the game once you turned off the console).

Ok yeah it's in the RAM but now let's just fast foward 10 years, if that was possible then, streaming a few MB worth of  game  would be possible. I mean OnLive does it, sort of successfully.

They seem very realistic except the 32nm GPU, but some people here say it is manufactured , so, not bad of specs.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Yokijirou said:
Viper1 said:
Yokijirou said:

Ok yeah it's in the RAM but now let's just fast foward 10 years, if that was possible then, streaming a few MB worth of  game  would be possible. I mean OnLive does it, sort of successfully.

That was not streamed though.  Downloading a few MB's was easy back then.  Streaming a few MB's would not have happened at all.

And OnLive does streaming but the quality isn't as good as a console or mid range PC and you need a damn good connection.  Which still doesn't address the fact that many places either have poor connections or no connection at all.

Hard drive there is for future DLC rape from Nintendo.

Blu-Ray seems false, why give money to Sony?

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:

Hard drive there is for future DLC rape from Nintendo.

Blu-Ray seems false, why give money to Sony?

It is possible but unlikely true Blue Ray. Knowing Nintendo, they might partner with a bastard hybrid format like they did for the GC. Better then a standard DVD but not quite a Blu-Ray. Got to control the format, least Pirates bleed you dry.