By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Explosion of the mind: Nintendo and High Fidelity Graphics a first w/ Cafe

It will be interesting to see what they can do. I remember hearing somewhere they already developed in high resolution, so using that experience and having additional power can give interesting results, specially for realistic looking games like Endless Ocean mentined here, to the COD, Disaster game or the new Pandora's tower.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Awesome cover of Nightwish's Walking in the air!!

TheNoobHolocaust said:

Its going to be awesome, no doubt about that. But it will also be a bit awkward. Hear me out, I'm all for HD but that cartoony style is Nintendo's trademark.

And I know they know that, so I don't think we will see a massive change. I mean I can't really see too many Nintendo franchises that could use HD. Aside from maybe Metroid and possibly Zelda. But I think we will just see a higher resoultion version of what we already have.

Think about it, are Nintendo going to change the colorful artstyle in Mario, probably not. Zelda is a bit different because on one hand we have 3D rendering and on the other we have cell shading. The 3D rendering version of Zelda will benefit greatly, whereas the cell shaded artstyle from WW is already amazing.

I personally will welcome the HD change but at the same time, do we need it? I mean its nice that its there but is it necessary, and if so will we lose some of the cartoony, colorful, zaney artstyle that is Nintendo?

Why does HD have to equal realism? Disney seem to be doing just fine with their Blu-Ray releases of Up and whatnot, whilst distributing stuff like Tron: Legacy at the same time...

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:

Its going to be awesome, no doubt about that. But it will also be a bit awkward. Hear me out, I'm all for HD but that cartoony style is Nintendo's trademark.

And I know they know that, so I don't think we will see a massive change. I mean I can't really see too many Nintendo franchises that could use HD. Aside from maybe Metroid and possibly Zelda. But I think we will just see a higher resoultion version of what we already have.

Think about it, are Nintendo going to change the colorful artstyle in Mario, probably not. Zelda is a bit different because on one hand we have 3D rendering and on the other we have cell shading. The 3D rendering version of Zelda will benefit greatly, whereas the cell shaded artstyle from WW is already amazing.

I personally will welcome the HD change but at the same time, do we need it? I mean its nice that its there but is it necessary, and if so will we lose some of the cartoony, colorful, zaney artstyle that is Nintendo?

Why does HD have to equal realism? Disney seem to be doing just fine with their Blu-Ray releases of Up and whatnot, whilst distributing stuff like Tron: Legacy at the same time...

My thought exactly

Nintendo Café will not only have advanced graphics but a new way to play games as well as that is what they have said HD will not be enough. All will be revealed in about week! :D:D:D:D:D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I'd prefer they go with artistic over realism.

If I want realism that much, I'll step outside and punch a hooker :)

Around the Network
padib said:

EDIT: Clarified the fact that I was refering to modern day high fidelity, that is, HD. (up to 1080p)

I was surfing some older forums, and I was watching a video of Endless Ocean 2 that gumby_trucker posted, and I was very impressed by the amazing detail in the game (I posted it below for reference). And BANG!!! All of a sudden it hit me and E3 can't come any sooner. I just realized that the Cafe will be the first time we see Nintendo, as a developer, make games with high fidelity graphics in the current technological landscape (in other words HD)! Because Nintendo is bound by the hardware it manufactures, while almost all other companies in the world got their shot at HD graphics, Nintendo has been bound for the past 6 years to make SD graphic games for its clientele... until now.

Behold people, at E3 2011, you will see Nintendo, for the first time, show you its might and serve you with its own take at HD graphics. Takers, muse me with your creative prospections. 

EDIT: Clarified the fact that I was refering to modern day high fidelity, that is, HD. (up to 1080p)

2:00 OMG!! It's Bruce!!!

The BuShA owns all!

padib said:
Galaki said:

I'd prefer they go with artistic over realism.

If I want realism that much, I'll step outside and punch a hooker :)

I want the cake, and I want to eat it too.

I want devs to have the choice to choose what suits their budgets and will provide the best for their client-base, be it realism, surrealism, high definition or low definition. And that choice is theirs to keep, no matter how much power the system offers.

The thread is more about the exciting prospect of seeing Nintendo pump out modern high def graphics for the first time in history (at least for us to view).

Don't take the second part too seriously.

Its almost here, too bad I'll miss it live b/c of work,but, I will once I get home.

blkfish92 said:
Raze said:
blkfish92 said:
Roma said:

The more I think about it the giddier I get!!

Holy shit I can’t wait too see how Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Pikmin will look in HD! And I would love to see Endless Ocean as well. About 8 days left!

Definitely can't wait to see a zelda game in hd, it'll be amazing!

definitely, would be even more awesome if they bundle in abonus of OOT nad Majoras mask completely redone in HD. =)

I would probably crap myself to heaven...

I lol'ed. =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

As long as game developers use certain art, and graphic styles. HD is not going to be in kind of improvement. Zelda is never going to look the way people imagine it because is never going to make. A hardcore, gritty, dark Zelda game. Something that I don't want by the way. The same goes for Mario, and other Nintendo franchises. We are not going to see some GT looking Mario Kart, or Uncharted looking Zelda game. The SNES alone should that Nintendo cared about graphics at one time. StillI would I would rather Nintendo go the 3D route than the HD one. After playing SSF4 3D, and other Wii games in 3D that's visually impressive.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.