By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ship v Sold Wii/PS3/360 - Dec 2013 and post adjustments.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
Yeah, I dunno who still thinks Wii is gonna come first this holiday (the usual suspects I imagine)

Over the next 3 Q's they expect to ship 10.4M ... 1.4 next Q, and probably 1 for the last FYQ, so about 8 mill for the xmas Q? Still way too high given the shipped like 8.7 last xmas

Q1 - 1.56
Q2 - 1.4
Q3 - 7
Q4 - 1

total - 10.96

IMO, so I expect them to drop another 1 mill off the forecast

Agreed.   3rd place this year. 

Well going by Nintendo it has a shot at winning the Xmas Q ... I expect PS360 to be around 7 mill each, but yeah, could be last in Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 and Overall ... wow

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Wii sold more than shipped... there are phantom Wiis in the world.

indeed.

PD are still very quiet by the way.

You know that since June PD is moving to another city... PD is quiet about everything (DLC, patchs, shipped numbers, interviews, etc).

looks like we are about 500k over on PS3. with the shipments out we know that .5 is too low of a supply for the Supply chain that Sony needs to distribute to all those countries. This time of year 1 million in the supply chain is right for sony with an increase to 1.5 during the hoildays.

pezus said:
scat398 said:
looks like we are about 500k over on PS3. with the shipments out we know that .5 is too low of a supply for the Supply chain that Sony needs to distribute to all those countries. This time of year 1 million in the supply chain is right for sony with an increase to 1.5 during the hoildays.

1 million?? They had about 700k last year with higher weekly sales.

Yeah... this time of year I can see PS3 overtracked 200-300k here... 500k is less probable.

Nintendo will keep lowering their projections but still miss it, they will end up doing 8M-9M. Q3 I expect 900K and Q4 they will do about 6M.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Carl2291 said:
Something I just noticed too.

Since the PS3 launched, the PS2 has shipped 51.5 Million units. The PS3 itself has shipped 51.8 Million units.

The PS2 has shipped more Software since PS3 launched... Than PS3 has.

PS2 is awesome. Long live PS2 <3

That is amazing. That means that up to the last quarter the PS2 had shipped more? Wow.

not really... look at the last 2 1/2 years only and a very different picture would emerge I would imagine.  For the first 2 1/2 years of the PS3 the PS2 was still selling very well and very active.  Very different now.

I look at last quarter number - i see PS2 400 k behind PS3

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Nintendogamer said:
Nintendo will keep lowering their projections but still miss it, they will end up doing 8M-9M. Q3 I expect 900K and Q4 they will do about 6M.

Yep as i kept telling 13M is delusional they will finish at 9-10 for year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

great thread. Thanks for the info.

To have the same amount of consoles on shelves as this time last year,

MS need to ship around 2.2 mill 360's
Sony need to ship around 3.4 mill PS3's
Ninty need to ship around 3 mill Wii's

kowenicki said:
360 supply highest its been in over a year. Either slightly undertracked here (NPD says so... EMEAA?), or building supply for a price cut?

Did you see my last post spot on! (I didn't adjust for the small post NPD adjustments the other day, would have been 2.3)

I think 1.3M on shelves is fine for this time of year.