Forums - General Discussion - Michael Jordan vs Lebron James

Michael Jordan vs Lebron James

Jordan 263 65.26%

Lebron 100 24.81%

Other 12 2.98%

View Results 28 6.95%

Total:403
Allfreedom99 said:

First I think that Lebron should not be in the picture yet since he has not won a championship. Its evident that he is one of the best B-ball players in the game right now. I think wthin a couple years he will have a championship under his belt. At this point we can begin comparing. In my opinion Michael Jordan is the greatest player as of yet to step foot on the basketball court. He had an incredible athletic ability, and he was simply magic with a basketball. There are other players in history that you could argue as the greatest, however. I still think Jordan is king.

Second, remember that Stats do not always tell everything. There are many factors that can affect a players stats. quality teammates that help you get to the ball and help you get open is one. Another is the type of coaching. I think in the NBA its mostly about player skill, but the coaching does have a factor on the performance of that player. In college and Highschool coaching is even more important to help determine the performance of players.

We also must consider that when comparing stats when there is a decade or more of time between two players you have to consider how sports have evolved. American football is a good example. I would argue that the best American Football team 20 years ago could easily get beat by a mediocre team in the NFL today. This is most noticeable in NFL, but applys to all sports. As time goes on training techniques evolve and get better and more efficient. This causes the athletisism of players to become better. As each year passes in sports it becomes more and more scientific in order to get the best performance possible out of every player. The training and conditioning in the NBA I argue is better today than in the 1990s. I will however point out that Michael Jordan devoted a HUGE amount of time to training. He was different from many other players in the NBA at that time. Jordan worked very very hard, and practiced, practiced, and practiced some more. What helped him to be so good was his complete and utter devoted love for the game. While I do see a love for the game from Lebron, I have not seen it to the level that MJ had. If Lebron had that level of devotion then I think we would be seeing an even better Lebron James.

If Lebron had the same level of devotion that Jordan had, Caveliers would have at least one trophy and he would never have left to Miami.

Around the Network

well done.

Jordan will always be head and sholders better then anyone that comes along. point, blank, .

Bro...you didn't need to do that whole essay...anyone worth their basketball salt knows MJ> Everyone...besides you could have just said 6>0....

Also GOAT player: MJ, GOAT Prime: Shaq

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

Bro...you didn't need to do that whole essay...anyone worth their basketball salt knows MJ> Everyone...besides you could have just said 6>0....

Also GOAT player: MJ, GOAT Prime: Shaq

You do realize Shaq started when Jordan was still here and from what I saw, Jordan punished him.

Jordan is one of the greats sportspeople of all time, along with the likes of Nicklaus, Pele, Federer, Bradman etc. LeBron isn't and almost certainly never will be considered one of those.

Around the Network

lebron james is statisticly the best player in the nba atm..

he's not jordan.. but he's only 26

durant and wade follow lebron statisticly..

neither of them are jordan, but durant is very young, wade is nearing his peak age being 29 atm

mM

Better comparison would be Wilt Chamberlain vs. Michael Jordan, or maybe Kareem Abdul Jabbar. 

Edit: Forgot Bill Russell. Definitely in that neighborhood.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

No. Jordan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron.

Anyway I think Kobe >>> Lebron.

The players close to Jordan are Magic and Kobe. No one else is near

Kobe is close, but he will never get anywhere near Jordan in terms of actual respect when his legacy is written in stone.

Lebron...no.

Jordan was a proficient and EXCELLENT player in the time where the NBA was filled with TERRIBLE players. He was a Dirk Nowitzki in a league chock full of Kwame Browns.

The NBA is faster and more foul-friendly now, but Jordan is in the TOP 3 for Greatest of all-time. He could take #1 if you prove your point properly.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."