By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing new Ocarina of Time Ad

DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:

This game will boost sales, for sure.

It's not sure, as Super Mario 64 sold even more copies on the N64, but was not a killer app on the DS (and none of that "it was a port" stuff, as it also had loads of extra content).

Actually there has not been a real killer for 3DS. Streer Fighter IV, Ocarina of time 3D, Metal Gear Sollid: Snake Eater, Starfox 64...all of them are remakes. Not even Resident evil mercenaries is a AAA. The fisrt real game for 3DS should be kid ikarus.

A killer app isn't about being original. It's about what makes people buy the system. Now I'm not denying Ocarina and Super Mario 64 helped sell the N64, but since it sold so much less than the NES, SNES, and Wii, those games weren't that good at being killer apps, and SM64DS was even less of a killer app for the DS, which is why I don't think Ocarina will be, regardless of whether being a re-release.

As for Kid Icarus, it looks like a cool game, but not a killer app (if that is what you are implying), at least from what we know (really have to wait and see).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:

It's not sure, as Super Mario 64 sold even more copies on the N64, but was not a killer app on the DS (and none of that "it was a port" stuff, as it also had loads of extra content).

Actually there has not been a real killer for 3DS. Streer Fighter IV, Ocarina of time 3D, Metal Gear Sollid: Snake Eater, Starfox 64...all of them are remakes. Not even Resident evil mercenaries is a AAA. The fisrt real game for 3DS should be kid ikarus.

A killer app isn't about being original. It's about what makes people buy the system. Now I'm not denying Ocarina and Super Mario 64 helped sell the N64, but since it sold so much less than the NES, SNES, and Wii, those games weren't that good at being killer apps, and SM64DS was even less of a killer app for the DS, which is why I don't think Ocarina will be, regardless of whether being a re-release.

As for Kid Icarus, it looks like a cool game, but not a killer app (if that is what you are implying), at least from what we know (really have to wait and see).

We don't know yet about Kid Icarus. It may become the next big Nintendo franchise after Metroid losing strength. Don't forget Smash Bros Team has been developing that game for three years.

DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:

We don't know yet about Kid Icarus. It may become the next big Nintendo franchise after Metroid losing strength. Don't forget Smash Bros Team has been developing that game for three years.

The only guy from the smash bros series involved is Sakurai, the team behind it is all new. I think if pushed enough icarus could push systems but to me the real system seller this year will be Mario Kart

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:

The only guy from the smash bros series involved is Sakurai, the team behind it is all new. I think if pushed enough icarus could push systems but to me the real system seller this year will be Mario Kart

I think that it's not only Sakurai, but more poeple. Look at Pit animations, those are so similar to the characters in smash bros.

Already played it... Is this all nintendo got? Hopefully NGP wont dissapoint as much as 3DS did.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network
kivi95 said:

Already played it... Is this all nintendo got? Hopefully NGP wont dissapoint as much as 3DS did.

Clearly a core Nintendo fan. Nintendo is missing out on sales.

DavidValbu said:
woopah said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DavidValbu said:

I think that it's not only Sakurai, but more poeple. Look at Pit animations, those are so similar to the characters in smash bros.

Well the developer is Project Sora, which was only created in 2009 whereas smash bros is done HAL who are too busy with kirby games

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia