By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will one of the other 2 consoles, other than Wii, sell 1 million a week this gen???

This week has been gr8 for all consoles. (somewhat for psp even though terrible software.) I was shocked to se Wii reach those highlevels! This will definitely hype up the system once everybody get one, and it could possibly have another 1 million week! But my question is that do you think the ps3 will ever have a million selling week or the 360? (i would say that ps3 has a shot 5x more than the 360 right now! your thoughts?

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

I'm gonna say PS3 next christmas will be the first

The 360 next christmas, because by then we'll have seen a big price drop probably $100-150 in the US and definetly £50-70 in the UK, coupled with the fact that the third christmas is usually the strongest time for any system. Plus Gears of War 2 might be out by then.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

Yes.

The PS3 should easily reach it at some point in 09, if it gets a good pricedrop.
The X360 should hit it next year, or atleast get really, really close.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

iberz said:
The 360 next christmas, because by then we'll have seen a big price drop probably $100-150 in the US and definetly £50-70 in the UK, coupled with the fact that the third christmas is usually the strongest time for any system. Plus Gears of War 2 might be out by then.

don't forget the fact that the 360 has been out for more than 2 years. the ps3 and 360 are a little over 1 year old. also, 360 is losing strength in europe, ps3 is gaining, 360 is dead in japan, ps3 sells 53,000-60,000 there. also, ps3 will have more sales in america than 07. (may not be anywhere near wii levels but a little closer to 360.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

It remains to be seen, I think it's possible, well down the line.

Also - it is apparent the 360 is loosing a little steam, especially with new consoles out, but we should remember the PS3 had to cut prices - twice, release 4 different models, new color, etc all in it's first year. The 360 did not counter the price much except to pack-in games, and release an even higher end version of itself.

The PS3 sales were boosted by the price cut, revisions, as well as the holiday season. The 360 had it's holiday increase. I believe the PS3 will start to have trouble again once this holiday season is over, as well as once the 360 get's a price drop.

easily
the ps3 already just did a 600+ week in it's first worldwide december
next year this week it will do 1 million plus i think

''Hadouken!''

wel actually
it might not be easy at all
lol

''Hadouken!''

Meanwhile, the Wii will sell 2m during the week that the competition sells 1m.

Count on it.

And yes, I think the 360 and PS3 both are capable of it. Lower prices never hurt sales, and I can guarantee both Microsoft and Sony will be dropping prices in '08. Again.

SW-5120-1900-6153

what is interestin is that the 360 did almost 600+ last year in it's first worldwide december, and did just almost the same this year

so the ps3 has done almost the same in it's first ww december as the 360 did in it's first year

so the question is
why should the ps3 not copie the 360 again, in 2008?
or, what can be a reason to think that the ps3 won't copy the 360's second ww worldwide december but rise next year to 1 millions plus?

but how the story unfolds my friends, is what will keep us busy this year :P

''Hadouken!''