By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will one of the other 2 consoles, other than Wii, sell 1 million a week this gen???

mrstickball said:
Yes.

The PS3 should easily reach it at some point in 09, if it gets a good pricedrop.
The X360 should hit it next year, or atleast get really, really close.

The PS3 just had two good price drops of 20% and 25%. What more do you want?

X360: Why? What games will cause such demand? All of the potential smash-hit ones (Bioshock, Halo 3, Assasins' Creed) came out this year, to what effect?

I don't believe Wii will ever do another week like that either.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Neither have a likely chance at all... If the 360 couldn't manage 600k this year it will not increase by such a huge percentage next year.
As someone may have said, the 3rd Christmas is often the largest for a console (people have not tired of it yet nor heard of it's successor, and it has a big library of good games). I think we could argue the 360s first Christmas away due to it launching so close with supply problems, so maybe it will increase in Christmas sales next year, but if it sells more than 700k best week I would be surprised.

PS3 has just as little chance next year,... it would really have to explode in sales... I will guess that it will sell better than 360 next year, with best weeks of roughly 600k again for 360, and 700k for PS3.
If the PS3 manages something astounding like 900k, then it might manage a million+ week the year after..... otherwise i doubt it.

Both will probably hit it next year.

I will say no. My reasons are this. The PS3 and 360 did well in December because the Wii was difficult to find. Most of the hardcores already have a 360 and a PS3. Also the older generation and girls are much more likely to want a Wii. I will say that the only system to sell over a million a week next year is the Wii. And it will only do this 2 or 3 times. Once on the first week of the China/South Korea release. The other time will be the week before Christmas. This will not be because of demand because it is there. I just think Nintendo will have built up a bit of a stockpile for these dates.

They will both make it

reason:

As prices drop sales drasticly rise, therefore I expect the Xbox 360 to be at $199.99 next year, and outsell the ps3 until sony drops to $299.99. The wii is a monster in sales, dunno whats going to happen in the long term though.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

360 can never do it. I'd have to sell almsot all that 1 million in America, and it's not even outselling the Wii, so it can probably never do it.

PS3, well it depends if things actually kick up. Otherwise I don't think it'll be able too, but might come close such as maybe 800k one week.

Also I predict Wii fit along with the Wii will steal next Christmas. People will want to buy the system that has that "board thingy" to play on. It will be the perfect gift for a sibling or parent who likes to stay fit. And if Nintendo starts releasing Wii pilates, look out. Those Wiis may never be used for games again.