By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Uncharted 3 sales be hurt by BF3 and MW3?

MW3 will hurt EVERY other game released in November.

However, EA wants BF3 to steal Activision jagernout atention.

So "When tow elephants fight, the one to suffers is the grass".

Uncharted "solid fanbase" won't be enougth to draw sales from all big november's releases.

PS: AC Revelations will sell more (PS3 360) than U3.

Around the Network

The whole industry will be affected by MW3. It's THE game to get for Christmas in a lot of people's mind.

Well this is going to be the biggest holdiay season this gen unless GTA 5 and Call of Duty have a clash but that most likely not going to happen. There are plenty of games coming out but 5 notable mentions. 

MW3

BF3

Uncharted 3

Skyrim

AC 3

MW3 will destroy all competion Battle Field 3 will obviously come 2nd and 3rd place is kind of unperdictable. Uncharted 3 and Oblivion (360) both got are succesours to games over a metascore of 96! AC is also a very established franchise but it is not growing as rapidly as the other 2 game series so I think it will come last. Skyrim is right now having higher preorders than Uncharted 3 in America but Uncharted 3 will most likely take EMEAA so... it all looks really confusing to me right now. But yes Uncharted 3 will lose and gain some sales at the same time. But I think it should watch out for games like BF3 those games can do the real damage

pitzy272 said:

Uncharted 3 all the way for me. I gave up on MW after MW2. BF3 actually looks pretty good, but no way is it a buy for me. Uncharted 3 day 1.

As for U3's sales, it does worry me. It's definitely a jam packed end of the year. I certainly hope U3 blows people away with its sales. Sony will hopefully market it like crazy. One perfect place to market it is in movies produced by Sony Picutures (Columbia, etc.). I don't understand why Sony doesn't do this more often. It shouldn't cost them anything, right? Microsoft does it for Halo and they don't even own a production company. Why Sony, why?

That is a pretty good marketing idea indeed. Saw that mad world song trailer of Gears of War 1 before movies quite a bit. No worries about Uncharted 3 though. The kind of stuff Naughty Dog pulled 2 years ago with UC2 was such epicness. I've been waiting for this game since i beat the last one :D. I was going to say something smart and constructive but i forgot. In simple words i am just so exited for this game and it is going to hold strong among other games in one of the biggest November's in the recent history if not ever. 

Not by me. BF am MW IMO are crap. I have never liked them. Uncharted will get my money though as all have been great games.

Around the Network

Well if you look at it in this point of view....Halo 2 came out 1 week after GTA SA. which was the biggest game of all time when it launched but hey GTA SA didn't stop Halo 2, GT4, or even MGS 3 sanke eater from getting big sales. So Uncharted 3 shouldn't be really affected that much

uncharted is akin to gears in a way in that they are fan favourite games, so anyone who wants either of them games will buy them anyway.

but the BF3 vs MW3 duel, i hope BF3 turns out the better game and takes away from MW3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Actually, U3 could just kick BF3 while it is on the ground hurt by COD.

Also, MW2 not as big? lol

well let me just say this.  i have about 15 ps3 games.  ive only bought two full price: demons souls and lbp 2.  the rest ive bought for no more than 30, most of them twenty.  this game here is a no brainer day one buy for me.  it might even be my first pre-order.  depends how im feeling around november.  i highly doubt there will be any effect on uncharted 3 by any game.  for me, it has gained enough of a fan-base and respect that it no longer is compared to other series but itself is the series by which other games are measured.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

First: Uncharted is bigger than Battlefield.

Second: Call of Duty and Uncharted have different target audiences.