By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: The Failed Launch

I'd rather had some top titles like Castlevania, RE, ect... but glad I picked up a 3DS (pretty much happy)

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

Around the Network

The 3ds's price point makes it a sad no no for me, and I want to play ocarina of time so bad...

Man I think Nintendo did a bad job with the launch.

Now somebody said we all compare launches to this mythical system of 10 AAA games. To date I don't think their has been an extremely good launch of a system. Everybody always wants to see their company launch with tons of AAA games. Even Nintendo knows that consumers want a strong launch, I remember in 2006 when Reggie said the Wii was going to launch with 7 First Party AAA games and even more third party titles. That would have been a killer launch, the kind of launch fans want. Instead Nintendo launched with three first party titles and alittle third party support.

Fact is if Nintendo launched 3DS with everything they have. All like 10 or so first party AAA games. Then their would be a draught for like 7-10 months of nothing coming from Nintendo. Instead of launching a huge launch Nintendo launches with two or three first party titles and relies on third parties to keep the games coming. It's stupid for Nintendo to back off and give third parties time to shine when third parties don't have games to shine with.

But all in all I'm not all that dissapointed with my 3DS. Its quickly become my primary handheld. I don't play my handhelds much they are for trips and late nights in bed. But I think Nintendo is doing great and I look forward to seeing what they have to offer in the near future. Can't wait for Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, SmashBros....etc...etc...

Nintendo may have dropped the ball at launch but their going to pick it up for a three pointer really soon!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer