Forums - PC Discussion - Free to play MMOs

I played

Tales of Pirates II

Sword II

Both are good IMO and completely free

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Runescape

BTW I was being sarcastic if anybody was wondering.

yo_john117 said:
yo_john117 said:

Runescape

I played that game for 4 years!

OT: Puzzle Pirates

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
yo_john117 said:
yo_john117 said:

Runescape

I played that game for 4 years!

OT: Puzzle Pirates

Yeah I played it for 2 but I don't like it anymore

since i havent seen it mentioned, i guess you could try Maplestory. i played for about a year then went back to WoW. fun game if your a fan of side scrollers, but a bit repetitive IMO. still worth a try though.

im glad this topic came up, cuz im also looking for games like these as well. i think im finally getting fully bored of WoW. need something new and interesting.

Around the Network
darksquall2 said:

Dofus or Wakfu.

it are tactical mmo's. i can play for years and never get bored of it :) very fun and addictive, worth a try ^^

But, ain't the free access of dofus limited to just one map?

OT: I have tried Goonzu, aparently they changed the name http://luminary.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

damndl0ser said:

IS there anything like Ultima Online thats free?  I could certainly get back into something like that.

Aren't there a lot of unofficial servers for it? Adding that they used to often give away the client for free, it could make it  a de facto free MMORPG.

Alas, the only time I got a free client with some months free trial, my PC wasn't compatible due to driver conflicts and MS not caring to patch a faulty one, the offer expired, I got pissed and I never tried it again. I somehow regretted it for a while, but then they started changing it from what made me interested in it and I lost interest. I still regret it, but only of not having played it in its most glorious days.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

A new MMO game called "Spiral Knights" just came out. It's basically exactly like the Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, and it's extreeemely fun!

I started playing it a few days ago with my friends and my little bro, and I've been having a BLAST! =D

I just started playing Eden Eternal, it's pretty new (CB started maybe 4-5 days ago). Very cool class changing system, but still pretty 'normal'.

Most of the MMOs people have listed I've found to be kind of boring. Runes of Magic, Lotro, Ragnarok Online, DDO. Well, DDO could've been cool, but it's freemium. So once your done with the first 2 zones, you only have access to about 20% of the dungeons.

Honestly though, if Vindictus, Guild Wars, AND WoW have all bored you, I doubt you'll find an MMO you really like right now. Eden Eternal has an interesting class system, but it's still a WoW clone (like 90% of the other MMOs on the market). Mabinogi has an interesting system too (it's in the same universe as Vindictus) but I had some issues with lag and such. Still, I can't even really think of anything to recommend because it will most likely bore you.

Try Eve online.

My best ever gaming moment.