Gnac said:
psrock said:
Gnac said:
psrock said:
Gnac said:
psrock said:
Gnac said:
psrock said:

I think it's more you want me to be upset. 

No, I'm genuinely interested in why you replied to the post I made in the way you did.

I don't buy the reason people are jumping ship is because of games. the PS3 is still loaded with games.  I do believe Call of Duty people who play those games on daily basis will be very upset about this and some will get an xbox as they should, frankly they all should go the xbox. The 360 is better suited for online gaming anyway.  

But the majority of gamers don't even play online anyway. And Black ops on the PS3 has close to 10 million users, i doubt 10,000 people have exchanged their PS3. It's typical articles to get views. 

So if it's not the games, and it's not the consoles, would it be safe to assume that a lot of those jumping ship are simply sick of Sony's shit?

Sony has done way worse. 

Perhaps all that worse stuff hasn't been forgotten by certain consumers who have wanted for an alternative, and recent events have forced some people to act.

sadly, it's not that many people. 

Regardless of how many choose to trade in, I don't know why it would be a sad thing. They get to play their online shooty-games soon, instead of having to hang onto PR statements from a company with one of the worst PR departments ever.

MS PR is not that bad. Activision way worse. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Hyruken said:

I think people underestimate how easy it is for people to move to a different format or different edition. We live in an age where something you buy in the media will have another version of it within a few months. Standard edition turns into game of the year edition, films turn into extended editions or whatever. There is obviously a huge market for those things or they would not be released. If they can get people to buy the same item again with a few mins extra footage or a new add-on then why wouldn't people buy it on a different format? I think for most normal people the content is what interests you, not the thing that plays that content.

That's why Mass Effect PS3 sold so much. 

It's not easy to jump ship because if that were true, the 360 would be in third place right now when we spent two years talking about how crappy their hardware was, but people stood by it and bought multiple versions. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Well if we put 1 2=3, then I guess we have 200% increase. I think this news just want to put Sony on a bad light like it's crumbling because of PSN downtime.

It's not surprising cause the media wants bad news cause bad news attracts complainers and complainers wants bad news the most. Ofcourse, how many complainers are there, who are truly owning a PS3 who are suffering from lack of  online play remains unknown.

psrock said:
Hyruken said:

I think people underestimate how easy it is for people to move to a different format or different edition. We live in an age where something you buy in the media will have another version of it within a few months. Standard edition turns into game of the year edition, films turn into extended editions or whatever. There is obviously a huge market for those things or they would not be released. If they can get people to buy the same item again with a few mins extra footage or a new add-on then why wouldn't people buy it on a different format? I think for most normal people the content is what interests you, not the thing that plays that content.

It's not easy to jump ship because if that were true, the 360 would be in third place right now when we spent two years talking about how crappy their hardware was, but people stood by it and bought multiple versions. 

leave it out dude, like you said, let them hope, it's funnier that way

Bound to happen.  Question is are we talking a volume of units enough to matter much?  I'd guess probably not.

If 1000 people a week more than usual were swapping PS3s for 360s that would be irrelivent unless it was a sustained effect given in the UK alone we're talking about a tiny fraction of much larger install bases.

Really, for this to be a worry you'd need to be looking at many thousands swapping a week - and that seems very unlikly to be the case.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Well if you were interested in a PS3 now is the time to get one :).

Reasonable said:

Bound to happen.  Question is are we talking a volume of units enough to matter much?  I'd guess probably not.

If 1000 people a week more than usual were swapping PS3s for 360s that would be irrelivent unless it was a sustained effect given in the UK alone we're talking about a tiny fraction of much larger install bases.

Really, for this to be a worry you'd need to be looking at many thousands swapping a week - and that seems very unlikly to be the case.

Exactly, percentage is very misleading.

psrock said:
Hyruken said:

Not quite sure why you mentioned Mass Effect on PS3? There are loads of examples of products coming out first on one format and then selling more on a different one later.

I had rrod on my first 360. They replaced it in a week. If they took 6 weeks then i'd have asked for my money back. The difference with the rrod is that it sucks if you are the one affected by it. All those that don't have it are not affected and thus why would they be talking about how crappy their hardware was? With the PSN issue it is different as everyone has it and will continue to have it. It isn't as simple as ringing them up and they fix it for you. As i said before i think the longer it goes on the more this will happen. Patience only lasts so long.

Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:

Not quite sure why you mentioned Mass Effect on PS3? There are loads of examples of products coming out first on one format and then selling more on a different one later.

I had rrod on my first 360. They replaced it in a week. If they took 6 weeks then i'd have asked for my money back. The difference with the rrod is that it sucks if you are the one affected by it. All those that don't have it are not affected and thus why would they be talking about how crappy their hardware was? With the PSN issue it is different as everyone has it and will continue to have it. It isn't as simple as ringing them up and they fix it for you. As i said before i think the longer it goes on the more this will happen. Patience only lasts so long.

You give the loads of examples and I will give examples that 10x more the other way. 

When you had rrod, you had no access to you 360, I still play my PS3 now you know. I did not lose my PS3, I lost access to one feature which will be back. Life goes on. 

Next Gen 

Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:

Is my PS3 broken? No.

Can I not play my PS3 on single player? No.

Is my life that pathetic that I have no friends to call to play with or against? No.

Is PSN a paid service? No

Do I believe in the word called impossible? No.

Will the haters stop hating? Nope.

Can I not wait for a free service to return? No.

There you go.. LOL