By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic - Great Game but Wasted opportunity!!

I got the game for Christmas... I'll have to give it a spin tonight!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
Well, you formulated your reasons why you don't want to play it so I won't write down the one sentence answer I originally planned to. However, I can only tell you that the game is fun AND challenging at the same time, and that it is worth being the first time Mario and Sonic meet in a game.

I suppose it could be fun and what not, I just don't think it should have been THE Mario and Sonic game. I feel that their first outing should have been a platformer of some sorts :/ I dunno, it's just that after seeing motion controlls on Wii sports, or Metroid Coruption, it's hard for me to take something like that title seriously :( it looked like another "mini-game game," and I thought to myself that Mario and Sonic can both do much better :/

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

fact is is suprisingly fantastically fun - it's like a cross between Wii Sports and Track and Field, each event seems easy until you get to the Advanced Tournaments and you have to go and learn the hidden depths of each event to win anymore.

Each event is easy to learn and difficult to master

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

gawalls said:
fact is is suprisingly fantastically fun - it's like a cross between Wii Sports and Track and Field, each event seems easy until you get to the Advanced Tournaments and you have to go and learn the hidden depths of each event to win anymore.

Each event is easy to learn and difficult to master

Yah it sounds like a fun game, but it just doesn't sound like a fun Mario and Sonic game x.x; I still say they should have done a platformer :/ 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Ok... I tried out the game tonight... wow much better then expected. It's a lot of fun... glad someone got it for me for christmas.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

For the same stupid reason we still haven't played Rayman Raving Rabbids and WarioWare much. I'm just too lazy to play through the solo games.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

DarkNight_DS said:
Ok... I tried out the game tonight... wow much better then expected. It's a lot of fun... glad someone got it for me for christmas.

That's one thing i've noticed with Wii games, people who haven't tried them say they suck and they wont play them (the "hardcore" gamers), but most who play them say they are at least fun

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

really fun multiplayer game. but i agree that it should have been online and the fact that records only count in single player and only in one of the modes (i think single event maybe) is straight up retarded. that seems like such an obviously dumb decision that would have required no dev time at all to not do it just doesn't make sense.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy