By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3, Wii and xbox360 numbers

First thing: The Wii is less than 2 million consoles away from the xbox in the US, undeniably coming ever closer.

Second: The xbox360 passed the 10 million units sold mark in the US, hooray!!

Third (the punch): PS3 others are higher than US ps3 units sold numbers. I think that this is a serious sign as to how popular the ps3 is in each region, especially if you look at the Japan numbers for all consoles, the PS3 is the only one to not uphold the higher sales tendancy (not so long ago it sold some 70k now, a week before the new year it's down to 50k, while the xbox upholded it's 8-9 k and the Wii went above 200k from around 170k).

The Europe ps3 sales numbers just awe struck me. This is a first, i think, for any console to have a larger userbase in Europe thanm in the US o.O . And while it's good that Europe buys those Ps3's, the market isn't anything as good as the US. I see trouble for the PS3 in the US.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

and the ds has sold more than 2 million copies in one week...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

and the ds has sold more than 2 million copies in one week...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Not surprising in the least to me :P America love's cheap, regardless of Quality. Untill PS3 can match the 360's price I'm not sure if it will ever compete in America.

On the other hand, ONLY performing well in America isn't a good thing either, there's so much more market to tap into that I feel MS just has no grasp on. Ninty's doing just fine, but when their opening statements were that they wanted a Wii next to ever 360 and PS3, you know they aimed just right ;) 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Europe has more potential than the US. US has a population of 300,000,000 cimpared to Europe with almost double that

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

Around the Network

The PS3 still sold over 200,000 with the best selling games being available on the other, cheaper console. The PS3 is fine in the US with its software line up and price.

The 360 is the one thats in trouble. Its doing horribly in Europe, and unlike the PS3 it has no titles left that can complete outshine the competitors line-up.

Not even I thought the PS3 would be outselling the 360 WW this holiday season, but unless something completely changes next week it looks like it will do just that.

They need a graphics power house game(FF XIII, or killzone 2) a good game advertised with the ps3 at $349.99(40gb) and there you have it they took the U.S from microsoft.

mM

PS2 sales are also strong in Europe. PS3 sales in US are terrible dont see anything Sony can do really. Exclusive games like UT3 have bombed but PC version has also bombed, we will see if Haze gets releases in Q1. Wii sales in Januari/Februari should be very interesting.

Europe is composed of over 30 countries, which are very different from each other in terms of holidays, culture, wealth etc., it does not have the same potential as the US in terms of possible sellthroughs. Why? Look at the charts to understand, the US being only one country sells more hardware and software than sometimes the rest of the world combined.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

leo-j said:
They need a graphics power house game(FF XIII, or killzone 2) a good game advertised with the ps3 at $349.99(40gb) and there you have it they took the U.S from microsoft.

Not really for America, the majority of consols bought out here are from family's to children. The hardcore gamer who actually focus's on that kind of stuff already knows what console they're buying. You could have GT5 playing on the prettiest 1080p set available, but when the parent's look at the difference between $399 and $299 that's what speaks. Put aside the fact that the PS3 offers (imo) 10x more than the 360, a $100 dollar difference is more than enough to pull some people away. Most parents I know have little clue as to what any of the consoles do anyways, they know their son likes video games, both systems play video games, one's a hundred dollars cheaper. Sold!

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.