By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo scrap 3DS?

Could Nintendo scrap 3DS?

Yes, they could rely on D... 39 21.31%

No, they couldn't rely o... 144 78.69%

Total:183

Dude...what kind of Q is that ?!?!... The Laytons, FF's, Kid Icarus's,  Kingdom Hearts, MGS,  REs, marios, mario karts, zeldas, donkey kongs, pokemons, etc are yet to come.... The 3DS is gonna be just fine when those games arrive in the very near future.  It's gonna be huge, I am sure.

Take a look @ the pics here: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2011/05/06/48891.html

It doesn't look like a doom & gloom line - up to me :)

Around the Network

I think they'll give it a shorter lifespan. I expect the 3DS to last for as long as the GBA did as a swan song to their DS line. Their true next generation handheld will probably be coming in 2014/5. Whatever their new handheld is I expect they will do away with the legacy DS form factor. I have kind of always thought they went with something akin to Intel's Tick/Tock strategy with their console designs.

Tease.

Albion said:

Can I Microwave My 3DS ?    Yep  

Can Nintendo scrap the 3DS?  Yep

anyone can do whatever they want. Even if it is the dumbess thing in the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIikjdkgT6U

My thoughts exactly.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too soon to judge. 

Given the Research costs, the fact that the first holiday season hasn't passed, and that no good games have came out the asnwer must be NO

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

The console doesnt even have any good games yet.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

I think they'll give it a shorter lifespan. I expect the 3DS to last for as long as the GBA did as a swan song to their DS line. Their true next generation handheld will probably be coming in 2014/5. Whatever their new handheld is I expect they will do away with the legacy DS form factor. I have kind of always thought they went with something akin to Intel's Tick/Tock strategy with their console designs.

Awesome response!

Its amazing how most people in this thread think the same way.  Its like watching a bunch of clones basically copying and pasting the same reply over and over. We all know 3Ds doesn't have games, marketing, etc. yet but the OP asked if Nintendo would be willing to scrap the 3Ds if they had to.

My answer: Yes, if the 3DS continues to sell this way even after all of these magical games, remakes, etc. come out then yes thiy will scrap it. For some reason the 3DS just seems way to similar to the 3DS in that most people might not feel like upgrading. I agree with squilliam in that the 3ds will have a shorter lifespan

Carl2291 said:

3DS costs just over $100 to make.

They're selling them for $250.

They wont drop it while they can still make that much money out of people.

Right. Even in the hypothetical scenario where the console just tanks immensely, their profit margins are such that they could gear it over to an enthusiast platform and continue to thrive even in the face of overall market-irrelevance, GameCube-style

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Squilliam said:

Awesome response!

Its amazing how most people in this thread think the same way.  Its like watching a bunch of clones basically copying and pasting the same reply over and over. We all know 3Ds doesn't have games, marketing, etc. yet but the OP asked if Nintendo would be willing to scrap the 3Ds if they had to.

My answer: Yes, if the 3DS continues to sell this way even after all of these magical games, remakes, etc. come out then yes thiy will scrap it. For some reason the 3DS just seems way to similar to the 3DS in that most people might not feel like upgrading. I agree with squilliam in that the 3ds will have a shorter lifespan

BS response (no offense).

Neither GC nor N64 were scrapped. The 3DS won't be either. Sony didn't even feel the need to scrap PS3 and it was failing miserably at the beginning of this gen.

The Virtual boy is different. It sucked. Big time. Plus the tech wasn't ready.

Play4Fun said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Squilliam said:

Awesome response!

Neither GC nor N64 were scrapped. The 3DS won't be either. Sony didn't even feel the need to scrap PS3 and it was failing miserably at the beginning of this gen.

TBH the 3ds is tech is not necessarily ready either.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Play4Fun said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Squilliam said:

Awesome response!

TBH the 3ds is tech is not necessarily ready either.

It's  mature enough to be used. The same way the Wii-mote (without M plus ) didn't have great accuracy but was still able to do what it needed to do.