By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did you buy any single player games because of the PSN outage?

lestatdark said:

Bought Mortal Kombat. Not a Single Player onl y game, true, but with a lot of amazing SP content. The old MK spirit is back

Plus, haven't played much on the PS3 lately, mostly on PC and DS.

I really want MK, but its banned(No R18 rating) here in Australia and I read somewhere that if you are caught importing it you can be fined 10k ... Do you think its worth risking it lol

Around the Network

@ xshade92, your countries rules are stupid don't you think?

anyway, i just been completing games in my backlog, instead of buying anymore games

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

@ xshade92, your countries rules are stupid don't you think?

anyway, i just been completing games in my backlog, instead of buying anymore games

Indeed they are! But, there is going to be a debate about it in July, so hopefully the government pull their finger out of their arse and add an R18 rating 

xshade92 said:
lestatdark said:

Bought Mortal Kombat. Not a Single Player onl y game, true, but with a lot of amazing SP content. The old MK spirit is back

Plus, haven't played much on the PS3 lately, mostly on PC and DS.

I really want MK, but its banned(No R18 rating) here in Australia and I read somewhere that if you are caught importing it you can be fined 10k ... Do you think its worth risking it lol

Well, as a long time MK fan, I would consider that the game is worth risking it. The new MK feels like playing MK2 all over again, but much improved.

Though that law is kinda stupid. I can see why the game would be prohibited to be sold at stores, but why ban imports as well? It's not like it's going to hurt stores or video game commerce in Australia, given that the game is not sold there to begin with. Makes no sense to me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

No, I haven't bought any single player game because of the PSN outage. The only game I've got with an online mode is MGS4 and I didn't buy it for the Online mode.

I really don't care about online... all I want to do is Sync my trophies.

If I buy a single player game, it won't be because of the PSN outage, it'll be because I really wanted to buy the game.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

No. I'm planning on buying Mortal Kombat soon, but I'd be doing that even if PSN was still up and running.

I only play fighters online, that said, my MK has been collecting dust.  But I was currently playing Super Metroid, gonna play Metroid Other M afterwards.  Then GT5, then a hell of a lot of other games (Damn 10 dollar game sales made me buy so many games that I probably shouldn't have gotten).

hahaha, akvod i also bought fallout 3 because of the outage.

but i have to say that you really didnt play fallout 3 to the fullest. you should really play it another time but this time ignore the main story line and go to explore more often. there are tons of things to do like,exploring the vaults(i think there are more than 8 and each is unique)collecting weapons scematics and finding all the special weapons,and also there are lots of bandit camps (did you go to evergreen mills?) also in fallout 3 the sneaking is just as good in oblivion and even better but you have to create a sneaking only character to do well. oh and dont forget about the DLC'S i am going to get broken steel and point look out once the service is online.

fallout 3 is a better oblivion with more things to do,interesting setting and GUNS.

steveht said:

hahaha, akvod i also bought fallout 3 because of the outage.

but i have to say that you really didnt play fallout 3 to the fullest. you should really play it another time but this time ignore the main story line and go to explore more often. there are tons of things to do like,exploring the vaults(i think there are more than 8 and each is unique)collecting weapons scematics and finding all the special weapons,and also there are lots of bandit camps (did you go to evergreen mills?) also in fallout 3 the sneaking is just as good in oblivion and even better but you have to create a sneaking only character to do well. oh and dont forget about the DLC'S i am going to get broken steel and point look out once the service is online.

fallout 3 is a better oblivion with more things to do,interesting setting and GUNS.

Meh, but the thing is that so much of the game feels a bit repetitive and... useless.

For example, so many of the perks are just usless. Bloody mess is useless, I don't need the caps from selling fingers/ears, etc. The dungeons, like Oblivion, get old. They all look the same. However, whereas Oblivion had bigger and more spacious dungeons, which allowed for more unique stealthing, Fallout 3's dungeons just had the same tunnels and hallways.

The combat itself isn't really that fun. My strategy really just consists of kiting with long range weapons, then hiding behind cover, and switching to my combat shotgun to VATs the enemy in the head.

Exploring is extremely tedious with the lack of a mount. If there was a faster way of getting through miles of empty wasteland, then I would be more inclined to explore.

The game was awesome when it was fresh, but by the end of it, it doesn't have the replay value (literallly too, with the ending) Oblivion had.

I just bought Fallout new vegas but I have yet to play the game.

I was busy playing Mass effect 2 and I have almost completed it.