By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If it was Microsoft or Nintendo being hacked would it be as bad?

The advantages of Nintendo being in the stone-age now become clear =P

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
chocoloco said:

Pure and pointless speculation. Really people at least some speculation has a point other than allowing people to talk about how great their company of choice is and to further degrade Sony just because they don't like the company.

I love company apologist fanboys. It's so cute yet so pathetic.

No-one is trying to 'degrade' Sony. No need to get so defensive.

Is Sony your lover or something?

Hey I have a 360 with tons of games and a Wii.  Can you say the same? Your forgetting the most important part that this is pure and pointless speculation that allows fanboys of other companies have a chance to boost their  ego for that company. That is why I do not like the thread.

Gnac said:
d21lewis said:

I don't know about Microsoft but Nintendo doesn't store shit!  I hate having to re-enter all of my info when I buy from the Virtual Console.  The Wii doesn't even remember my NAME!

Whaaat

I linked my console to my Club Nintendo account, added my CC number, and never had to re-enter anything before a purchase.

Am I in danger? D:

My console is linked to my Club Nintendo account, but I still have to enter my credit card info every time.  Do you have to enter it somewhere special?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your other post.  I guess it can't be done.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Gnac said:
d21lewis said:

I don't know about Microsoft but Nintendo doesn't store shit!  I hate having to re-enter all of my info when I buy from the Virtual Console.  The Wii doesn't even remember my NAME!

Whaaat

I linked my console to my Club Nintendo account, added my CC number, and never had to re-enter anything before a purchase.

Am I in danger? D:

My console is linked to my Club Nintendo account, but I still have to enter my credit card info every time.  Do you have to enter it somewhere special?

Noooo, it seems that my memory failed me, and I wrote something stupid.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
theRepublic said:
Gnac said:
d21lewis said:

Whaaat

Am I in danger? D:

Noooo, it seems that my memory failed me, and I wrote something stupid.

You caught me before my edit!

Don't worry about it.  I wasn't that excited.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Nintendo nope, cause really now; what do they even have on their servers? Microsoft, if they actually managed to hack their server; the damage would probably be much bigger. But Sonys security was really bad, don't think they would have been able to hack Microsoft servers if they tried, as they are probably more secure, considering M$ is the largest software company in the world.

mundus6 said:

Nintendo nope, cause really now; what do they even have on their servers? Microsoft, if they actually managed to hack their server; the damage would probably be much bigger. But Sonys security was really bad, don't think they would have been able to hack Microsoft servers if they tried, as they are probably more secure, considering M$ is the largest software company in the world.

Money isn't everything, and MS has a very bad record about the security of the SW it sells to users, but about the security of its own network's security it's very serious and it hires the best specialized companies to ensure it. Ironically those companies use Linux and other Open Source SW (very often, like Linux and Xen, licensed under that GPL MS hates so much) to provide MS their services.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Imho Sony is the most hated company on the internet, so no it wouldn't be such a big deal.

I'd be absolutely mortified if someone hacked Nintendo and took my friend code.

VGChartz

Any hacking on any console is bad, please don't try to start a fanboy fight 

Gaming Away Life Since 1985