By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kinect Loses First Head to Head Fight with PS Move

I'm pretty sure Kinnect will beat move 100% in every dance game (full body recognition instead of hand recognition), and that's the type of games these peripherials are selling for (I'm saying selling for, not made for).

Now yeah for hard core games... well just take any style that works well on Wii and it'll work well on move, probably more adaptable than kinnect because fo buttons.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

repost of the exact same article

Dr.Grass said:
Ajescent said:

In its defence, Kinect VT4 was an after thought wasn't it?

Children of Eden might be a different story me thinks.

Not only that, no-one ever doubted that Move would be superior in a tennis game. In certain genre's Move will always be more accurate, but Kinect just has lot more appeal in general. It's potential has yet to be revealed, but using it as an 'afterthought' will surely tarnish it's reputation somewhat.

Did I read that you can't control your players movent when playing with motion controlled devices!? I understand how that would be a problem with Kinect, but couldn't move users just use the Navi for that!? WTF.

Who needs navi to move the player around the court? Because the Move can be tracked in 3d you can step forwards, backwards and sideways and the 3d position of the move controller would be able to track to the player position on the court (roughly). The system should be smart enough to be able to do that sort of tracking at the same time as moving the racquet for the shot. It works very well for table tennis in Sports Champs, I don't see why it couldn't be achieved for tennis.

Anyway Michael Jackson: The Experience is the first head to head Kinect and Move game and Kinect won that one easy.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think movement and racquet could work if you are willing to alternate between pressing the Move/Trigger button, if you want to move, Hold down the move button then once you are in position, press trigger to swing the racquet...that could work...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I see no reason why Kinect should not of been capable of working as well and in some ways better (same can be said for move) this just sounds like poor implementation.

Shit happens...

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
binary solo said:
Dr.Grass said:
Ajescent said:

In its defence, Kinect VT4 was an after thought wasn't it?

Children of Eden might be a different story me thinks.

Not only that, no-one ever doubted that Move would be superior in a tennis game. In certain genre's Move will always be more accurate, but Kinect just has lot more appeal in general. It's potential has yet to be revealed, but using it as an 'afterthought' will surely tarnish it's reputation somewhat.

Did I read that you can't control your players movent when playing with motion controlled devices!? I understand how that would be a problem with Kinect, but couldn't move users just use the Navi for that!? WTF.

Who needs navi to move the player around the court? Because the Move can be tracked in 3d you can step forwards, backwards and sideways and the 3d position of the move controller would be able to track to the player position on the court (roughly). The system should be smart enough to be able to do that sort of tracking at the same time as moving the racquet for the shot. It works very well for table tennis in Sports Champs, I don't see why it couldn't be achieved for tennis.

Anyway Michael Jackson: The Experience is the first head to head Kinect and Move game and Kinect won that one easy.

If you thought it through then you would have realised that a tennis court is way bigger than what that system allows for. You can move 3 steps in all directions in a big living room. That's hardly 20% (guestimate) of the size of a tennis court. That means it can't be done accurately.

binary solo said:

According to who?

Reviews of the Kinect version were worse, the metacritic metascore of the Kinect version is 8 points lower (61%) than the PS Move (69%) version.

And the situation gets even worse if you look at reviews from actual owners of the game. There are over 500 user reviews on Amazon.com, and the Kinect version is the worst by far:

Kinect version: Average 3,13 stars (=53%)

PS Move version: Average 4,44 stars (=86%)

Wii version: Average 4,71 stars (=93%)

binary solo said:

Not true.

IGN, Eurogamer, Gamespot all said the PS3 version was the best version of Michael Jackson The Experience.

Boutros said:
binary solo said:

Not true.

IGN, Eurogamer, Gamespot all said the PS3 version was the best version of Michael Jackson The ExperienceI

I think based on reviews Yoostar 2 works better with KINECT.

Well to Kinect's defense a motion controlled tennis game would obviously work better if you were holding something in your hand similar to a tennis racquet, the PS Move being this.  Holding the PS Move for this paticular type of game could make you feel like you may actually be playing Tennis.