By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Going to fail my exams

Cambridge? I wish i had your problems...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

Me: So I have this problem. Anyone got out of it before.

VGC: Cheat!!

Me: But I don't want to...

VGC: Cheat harder!!

obviously you just need to cheat even hardester.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Soleron said:
Kirameo said:

I'm going to start University later this year, going for physics too. Where do you study?

Cambridge. I regret coming.

@izaaz101

Thanks.

- I would study in a group but I literally don't know anyone. That's part of the reason I feel so bad.
- Yes, I should talk to my supervisors more.
- ...I know you're right.
- Yes.

@2000cc

At UK universities, you choose your major on application. I'm stuck with Physics.

I would never cheat.

pick one of the best univeristy in the world, isn't going to help you when it comes to standards 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

are you taking pre-calculus or some kind of math, i suggest that if your university have tutors in the materials that you are failing you should go to them.

SamuelRSmith said:

I assume by the not knowing anyone, it's a confidence thing? I don't think you should be too worried about socializing with people on your course... it's physics at Cambridge, I doubt there'll be too many jocks around.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that there are a fair few people on your course who are feeling the exact same way, about not knowing anybody.

I should know - I'm doing Computer Science, I know the kinds of people you get on those courses, lots of shy people, hate leaving their rooms. Computer Science students actually started networking through Facebook - set up a group, people posting questions and answers, organizing socials, posting links that they think others might be interested in (like techy videos)... it basically provided a means for the shy people to communicate, make friends, form groups, and now some study together, etc, etc... find out if there is a similar group for your course, if not... make one.

There are probably jocks doing natsci, but the Oxford system is better, the chemists and physicists are kept very seperate, as the physicistist are nice normal people and the chemists are the jocks

Also, the computer scientist I know at Oxford aren't very shy, one of them is quite quiet, but the other is my best friend, and we don't JUST sit around and play FIFA all the time....

But seriously, talk to the other people and get them to help you out. As I am also a first year physicist, but at Oxford not Cambridge, I kind of know your issues, but the best way to do it is to work as a group, that is how I got through the 2 exams I have had to do this year already and how I plan to get through my main exams later this term

Around the Network

Omg I can't believe this you're at CAMBRIDGE and you don't grab this amazing life opportunity!!

Just know that not everybody has the chance to be at such a prestigious university.

Canada sucks when it comes to universities.

Munkeh111 said:

There are probably jocks doing natsci, but the Oxford system is better, the chemists and physicists are kept very seperate, as the physicistist are nice normal people and the chemists are the jocks

Also, the computer scientist I know at Oxford aren't very shy, one of them is quite quiet, but the other is my best friend, and we don't JUST sit around and play FIFA all the time....

But seriously, talk to the other people and get them to help you out. As I am also a first year physicist, but at Oxford not Cambridge, I kind of know your issues, but the best way to do it is to work as a group, that is how I got through the 2 exams I have had to do this year already and how I plan to get through my main exams later this term

There are three kind of people I know of here that do my subjects.

1. Completely cool, social, goes out drinking every night

2. Locks themselves in their rooms all day and produces pages of neat, perfect work for supervisions. Mostly Asian.

I haven't found anyone from (1) with common interests, or that doesn't want to go out drinking/clubbing instead if I suggest something to do.

The people from (2) are borderline impossible to talk to. I admire their dedication.

You're a smart guy Soleron, you'll recover.

I failed my first term in Med school but it all came out well in the end.

Previous exams are gold if they give them to you. Learn how to do those and you're basically guaranteed a pass.

Rath said:

Previous exams are gold if they give them to you. Learn how to do those and you're basically guaranteed a pass.

They don't give out answers, so especially for the written sections it's hard to tell if you got it right.

That worked for me at A-level, I basically memorised every past paper from the preceding ten years.