By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Going to fail my exams

Soleron said:
Rath said:

Previous exams are gold if they give them to you. Learn how to do those and you're basically guaranteed a pass.

They don't give out answers, so especially for the written sections it's hard to tell if you got it right.

That worked for me at A-level, I basically memorised every past paper from the preceding ten years.

I don't know the culture at Cambridge but here if we wanted to know that we could go ask the lecturer? They want to see you pass afterall.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Soleron said:
Rath said:

Previous exams are gold if they give them to you. Learn how to do those and you're basically guaranteed a pass.

They don't give out answers, so especially for the written sections it's hard to tell if you got it right.

That worked for me at A-level, I basically memorised every past paper from the preceding ten years.

I don't know the culture at Cambridge but here if we wanted to know that we could go ask the lecturer? They want to see you pass afterall.

I have six hundred people in my Chemistry lecture. I could try.

We're meant to ask supervisiors but I don't have enough time with them between now and the exam to cover even a fraction of what I'm stuck on.

I've just been called in for a "talk" tomorrow with the college's administrator, my director of studies and my tutor. I have no idea what they're going to say, but it was caused because I did badly in a recent supervision.

You should well know that trying is the first step towards failure.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Cambridge. Oxford. Shit. Suddenly I just feel like shutting up.

Anyway, wellcome to physics :P

At least where I am, I think at most 25% of people get the entire first term, and the chemestry class is kind of a joke.

But, yeah, studying through past exams can be really helpfull in most cases. I assume you have text books with you? You could try using old exams as a guide to study. If you can't solve a question or are not really sure you're doing it right look the subject up. I guess what I mean is try studying in a more practical way, as it's very easy to be overloaded with theory and technicalities at first which'll actually hinder you if you're not used to reasoning the problems out, which should be the first skill for you to seek.

Also, if you have to study for both math and physics courses, I'd say you focus more in math first. And really, don't get too desperate just yet, five weeks is a lot of time.

Oh, and you can't go to university and both fail and not get to know people, that's just not right :P