By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Going to fail my exams

I'm a first-year at university, studying Physics, and I have exams in five weeks. I'm afraid I'm going to fail them (don't know what would happen after that) because of how badly revision is going and from what supervisors have said.

Anyone got any ideas?

Around the Network

get off VGC and go study.   youre welcome. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Wait? You don't know what will happen when you fail? ...boy are you in for a surprise!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

MrBubbles said:

It's not lack of studying, it's the volume of material. Also if I study any more than I am now I would die.

If I hadn't gone to this university it would have been OK. Everyone here is amazing at their subject, so the standard is really high.

Soleron said:
MrBubbles said:

It's not lack of studying, it's the volume of material. Also if I study any more than I am now I would die.

If I hadn't gone to this university it would have been OK. Everyone here is amazing at their subject, so the standard is really high.

well there is always cheating.  its only wrong if you get caught. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Hopefully you can repeat. 

But first off

1. You are most likely not the only one in your situation

2.Unless you enrolled in the univeristy of genius's, people fail all the time. 

3. Stick it out, dont give up

4. Check if your Uni or other Uni's have courses starting Mid year and apply to them instead

Now on passing your course:

1. No more video games, i am putting in my last week of video games before locking it away and no more for an month. 

2. Study hard

3. Seek Help, unless your univeristy is poorly run, Seek help. Those superviors should be helping you not putting you down (if they are then complain!!).

4. Start from the begining and slowly progress and take in information. 

Seek help is my most important point, and no more video games.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Soriku said:

Cheating is never wrong. Even when you get caught.

The last marking period in my Physics class I cheated for practically everything and got an A-. Otherwise, I would've failed because the material was stupid and studying doesn't work for stupid material. Drastic measures were necessary.

It's not possible to cheat, because none of the questions involve memorisation and they never give out past paper markschemes. There's nothing I could take into the exam that would help.

Also I don't want to cheat.

Me: So I have this problem. Anyone got out of it before.

VGC: Cheat!!

Me: But I don't want to...

VGC: Cheat harder!!

Cheating defeats the purpose of going to University. Just fail if you have to, then study harder.

I'm going to start University later this year, going for physics too. Where do you study?

Soriku said:
Kirameo said:

Cheating defeats the purpose of going to University. Just fail if you have to, then study harder.

I'm going to start University later this year, going for physics too. Where do you study?

In the end you're going to University to learn for a job or something. I'd lessen the damage if possible by cheating, instead of totally failing, and try to do better next time...

I don't have such a simplistic view of life.