By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where do you stand politically?

im a little at the left of libertarian

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Wonder how correct this scale is. I've always considered myself right wing, against abortion, small government, low taxes, true free market economics. My friends have told me I'm a right wing kinda guy. Heh maybe I'm as right wing as it gets in Canada then, the biggest hippie country I've ever seen.  

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

I'm basicly what most Americans would call a communist. But most Americans are basicly what I'd call insane, so that's ok.

Right where I thought I'd be

wow. Looks like a thread brought back from the dead.

Around the Network

Okay, I liked the way that second test scored me much better than the first. It's much more accurate, imo.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.

I'm unusual, because I think market forces are the best way to ensure efficiency, innovation and progress but in order to make the market free, abusive monopolies need to be broken up and antitrust needs to be heavily punished. This makes me appear to the economic left whereas I would place myself firmly on the right,.

In the religion and morals sections I tend to vote massively against enforced values and for scientific principles (basically that our morals are derived from selection pressures) which makes a general libertarian. I also have an anti-monopoly, anti-establishment bias which places me down the scale too - I identify with the FSF and EFF's values.

I do find that, after living in the USA, it is a vote between the Loony Party (Democrats) and the Really Loony Party (Republicans) as both are far to the Authoritarian and Economic Right extremes. In Britain, both parties have roughly the same policies now (i.e. "Communist" to an American and "Right Wing" to a British person) and it's just a matter of switching them every few terms to reduce corruption.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Interesting that most seem to be Left Libertarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-libertarianism 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

I'm apparently a Left-Libertarian, but am actively against income redistribution. Is that allowed?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

I'm apparently a Left-Libertarian, but am actively against income redistribution. Is that allowed?

Are you really against all forms of income redistribution is the real question you should be asking yourself, are you against school vouchers, against subsidized healthcare (not governement healthcare but subsudies to make healthcare cheaper), are you against programs to help children from poor families, etc. etc.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)