By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where do you stand politically?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Game_boy said:

I'm apparently a Left-Libertarian, but am actively against income redistribution. Is that allowed?

Are you really against all forms of income redistribution is the real question you should be asking yourself, are you against school vouchers, against subsidized healthcare (not governement healthcare but subsudies to make healthcare cheaper), are you against programs to help children from poor families, etc. etc.

Yes, I detest all of those.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Well that would explain why you ended up more in the centrist box, but as you say your views against monopolies, etc tips you into the left economic side

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Well that would explain why you ended up more in the centrist box, but as you say your views against monopolies, etc tips you into the left economic side

I suppose it just proves that any attempt to group people broadly by political preferences or measure them against one or two scales is not the best way of doing it: the only way to decide your political views is to actually state your policy in each area rather than saying "all left" or "all right".

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

I suppose it just proves that any attempt to group people broadly by political preferences or measure them against one or two scales is not the best way of doing it: the only way to decide your political views is to actually state your policy in each area rather than saying "all left" or "all right".

True enough, but it is human nature to try and group, personally I am big on free trade and open borders and allowing people to do what they want as long as they don't infringe on another person's rights or well being, and am opposed to a standing army, but I also believe there are roles for the government to play, like with school vouchers and subsidized healthcare and preventing monpolistic/monopsonistic markets, but only as long as balanced budgets can be maintained.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

HAHAHAHAHA come get some, suckers. In my dream world, we all have free school, free health care, full employment, and the government never legislates morality! IT'S HEAVEN!

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

HAHAHAHAHA come get some, suckers. In my dream world, we all have free school, free health care, full employment, and the government never legislates morality! IT'S HEAVEN!

Who's going to pay for all that? Oh yes, taxpayers. You will have practically zero disposable income. It'll be Extreme Sweden.

Extreme Sweden? Ok, you just named my dream world! Thank you!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Extreme Sweden? Ok, you just named my dream world! Thank you!

Damn it!

Did you know? I've just set up a tour operator is doing political tourism to Exteme Soviet Russia, Extreme USA (Texas, that is) and Extreme Centrism (That's the UK).

Game_boy said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Game_boy said:

I'm apparently a Left-Libertarian, but am actively against income redistribution. Is that allowed?

Are you really against all forms of income redistribution is the real question you should be asking yourself, are you against school vouchers, against subsidized healthcare (not governement healthcare but subsudies to make healthcare cheaper), are you against programs to help children from poor families, etc. etc.

Yes, I detest all of those.

People like you should have been born into poverty. That would have taught you not be a inhumane.

I stand politically on 2 feet.