By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Malstrom Discussion Thread

TripleMMM said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
TripleMMM said:

Dear Mother almighty of God that I didn't even know about the existence of C64 back then!

On topic, when an analist or writer begins his/her sentence with "I believe...", take it with a grain of salt, people.

Which sentence starts with that? You need to provide links and quotes.

Forgive my premature speech, I was merely spit-balling here.  But what I said meant to every analist, etc (I have no idea why, but Patcher comes first to mind). I know this a thread specifically Malstrom. Now, if he has never began with those words, I'll give him props for that. I rarely read his blog, but I do actually agree with what he says about the consumer headbutting the 3DS.

He often doesn't start with them, but sometimes in the middle. Although in the context, it does seem to be more something he hopes is/isn't true (depending on if it's good or bad of course).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Has a great line in this post about WoW Cataclysm (http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/wow-is-transforming/)

"Video games are best when they reward intelligence and perseverance instead of being nothing more than exercises in visual and audio stimuli."

Now some might go "What about Nintendogs?" Well do you just get to fool around in those games, or do they make caring for your virtual puppy important?

"What about Wii Fit?" Well losing weight is a reward for perseverance (which I haven't given up, despite not posting in a certain thread for a while*), and while some might not keep it up, that does still mean the best games are about that.

*Had to take a hiatus for reason unrelated to the experiment, just they are personal reasons among myself and my friends.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs