By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony : 10 Million CC details have been stolen.

thranx said:
Sweep said:

Reported as a misleading thread, FUD, with no rumor disclaimer. FYI Sony never said that 10 millions CC numbers had been stolen.

They also never assured they were not stolen. All they said was we do not know yet.

we know that since last week though....whats so new about this thread apart from it being misleading?

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
thranx said:
Sweep said:

Reported as a misleading thread, FUD, with no rumor disclaimer. FYI Sony never said that 10 millions CC numbers had been stolen.

They also never assured they were not stolen. All they said was we do not know yet.

we know that since last week though....whats so new about this thread apart from it being misleading?

I edited my post to include some of what was new info to me. Mainly that they are offering free identity theft protection for users affected.

Edit: I will give you guys it may be misleading thread title, but the article contains factual info.

dude, selnor, come on man! You're giving us MS fans a bad name, they didn't say they were stolen!!!!!!

KylieDog said:

Can I make several threads where the title isn't what the content says?  I want to make a thread titled "PS3 causes thousands of deaths" and in the actual post link to an article about next weeks PS store update.

That's an excellent idea, I think we should all do that from here on in.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

selnor said:

CHANGE YOUR BANK DETAILS IF YOU HAVE USED PSN NOW. THIS IS NO JOKE. AND TOOK SONY TO LONG TO TELL YOU ALL THIS. ALL THEY ARE OFFERING IN COMPENSATION? A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL.

HIDE YO KIDS. HIDE YO WIFE. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
selnor said:

CHANGE YOUR BANK DETAILS IF YOU HAVE USED PSN NOW. THIS IS NO JOKE. AND TOOK SONY TO LONG TO TELL YOU ALL THIS. ALL THEY ARE OFFERING IN COMPENSATION? A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL.

your comment had the best grafix EVAH!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
leatherhat said:
selnor said:

win

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
leatherhat said:
selnor said:

win

I'm not getting the reference 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Uh yeah.... no... if you're going to make a thread make the title accurate and not flamebait

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

KylieDog said:

Can I make several threads where the title isn't what the content says?  I want to make a thread titled "PS3 causes thousands of deaths" and in the actual post link to an article about next weeks PS store update.

It's what bloggers do all the time, and forum thread starters adopted it as well.

For instance, a post with the title "Kinect devices ... cause cancer in young children" could come from a quote like the below:

"Kinect devices were donated to a Cincinatti hospital that is researching factors that cause cancer in young children and adults."

I hate it.