By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD Preview from Webbush

Ok 250k for the PS2 damn Who doesn't own a PS2 already?If the PS2 keeps selling this way it may never go away...

Around the Network

Man did nintendo even produce 400k Wii's in march?I still couldn't find one

Why is it a 5 week month again? Wasn't January a 5 week month? That wouldn't even fit into the calender. Or is my memory that bad? Jan'07 was 5 weeks, right?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

The Gamestop CEO complained because most all of the shipments were going to the bigger retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys'R'Us, Walmart, Target,etc)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said:
The Gamestop CEO complained because most all of the shipments were going to the bigger retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys'R'Us, Walmart, Target,etc)

muahhaha, SCREW gamestop.

Around the Network
Hus said:
vanguardian1 said:

muahhaha, SCREW gamestop.

First thing i've really honestly agreed 100% with you on.

mrstickball said:

The 'preview' for the hardware seems suspect. It looks like its entirely extrapolated from Febuary. Of course, the Wii should be around that number. DS seems low. PSP would be suprising if true.

Big news is the software: GoW2, GH and GRAW 2. Xbox 360 FTW with 2 of the 3 games :)

I actuly think that is the case, which would explain why Gameboy and PS3 is so close to each other, last NPD showed that GBA actuly sold more than PS3. I think they are using long term extrapolation, simple the longer the system has been out the "better" extrapolation (might be more acurate). It is a forecast nothing else, as far as I know.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Forget the Wii / PS3 figures in the preview - try reading my previous post. Webbush SAYS that it is a presumption, and not actually based on data.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
Forget the Wii / PS3 figures in the preview - try reading my previous post. Webbush SAYS that it is a presumption, and not actually based on data.

Well we definitely agree here.  Pointless thread.  Most people here could guess as well or better.

NorthStar said:
Ok 250k for the PS2 damn Who doesn't own a PS2 already?If the PS2 keeps selling this way it may never go away...

I doesn't

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!