By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD Preview from Webbush

If you actually READ what he said:

Our forecast presumes sell-through of 165,000 PS3 and 400,000 Wii hardware systems.

i.e., he is extrapolating these numbers, and using them to work out software sales.

Lets just wait another week shall we, and see the real numbers. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

should not have ndp and preview in the thread title then.

ndp = official, this thing is guesstimate.

Hus said:
how is it a preview ? the numbers are fake.

Well the Wii, PS3 and 360 numbers are probably right, but you're right the DS are probably very wrong

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

PS3's probably higher at least 200k, it had a decent March with some good titles finally hitting late Feb and March.  Wii could be lower if they really held some stock at the end of the month to save for the next quarter.

For feb 07 Pachter predicted 200k PS3 and 350k Wii. Actual was 133k PS3 and 379k Wii.

You can draw your own conclusions about his accuracy. 

Around the Network

No way will PS3 hit over 200,000 mark my words.

FishyJoe said:

For feb 07 Pachter predicted 200k PS3 and 350k Wii. Actual was 133k PS3 and 379k Wii.

You can draw your own conclusions about his accuracy. 

NPD was like 330 Wii and 127 PS3... Or thereabouts.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

When I said actual, I just posted the numbers from this site.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Lynn said:

Wii 400,000
PS3 165,000
Xbox 360 250,000
PS2 250,000
PSP 210,000
DS 250,000
GBA 165,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150836

DS seems low

Wii is still doing amazing, this should quell all the "nintendo holding back supply" comments

If wii sales are so high...well.... it wil be really incredible... I mean, I'm sure that during all the month I have seen Wii national availability near 1%  (itrackr.com numbers)...

And what about Gamestops CEO complaints ???

man, I really DO not understand... I was sure that Wii wil not sells more than 150 or 200K....

Don't forget Lazard's prediction when he told about " shorts supplies of Wii and Ds platforms"...

i think the PS3 numbers might be a little higher for March its was a week longer to build on the 133k plus a few games actually came out.Virtua Fighter and MotorStorm should have some impact on consoles sold I think it could get close to the 200k mark