By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - News anchor mix up Obama and Osama

The FBI also calls him Usama.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

He only weighs 160 pounds?  He's a fricking shrimp, jesus.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
badgenome said:

If he's a shrimp, he's certainly in the right place now.

badgenome said:
Baalzamon said:
badgenome said:

If he's a shrimp, he's certainly in the right place now.

*giggles*

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

ManusJustus said:
Tony_Stark said:

Who were these alleged mistakes made by?

Commentators, or news anchors? Because it it was the former of the two, then your point is utterly, and completely moot.

Who makes the decisions to show clips?  In the least, that is who you should blame for misleading news stories.

News anchors represent a news station, and if they hire untrustworthy ones then the news agency is untrustworthy.

its not a coincidence that the owner of Fox News is very conservative and his news station comes off the same way.  It would be like aruging that Pravda doesn't slant towards Communism even though its ran by the Communist Party.

What "clips" are you talking about? Are you talking about ones shown by news anchors, or news commentators? You really need to make the destinction here. 

And once again, I think you are confusing news anchors, with news commentators. The former being faces like Shepherd Smith, the latter being faces like Sean Hannity and Bill O'reily. There is a differance, admit it, you hate the news commentators, and therefore hate the entire Fox news network, but you cannot debate the fact that their news casting (not news commentating) devision is by far, the most unbiast of the major news netwroks.

It's also no coincidence that Fox news has the largest veiwership of any major news network. I'm not saying the news commentators are not very conservative, but the news casting department is fairly unbiased.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Around the Network
Tony_Stark said:

Are you talking about ones shown by news anchors, or news commentators? You really need to make the destinction here.

Both. 

I understand that news commentators present their opinions, but a 'news' station should be balanced.  I find it sad when Ann Coulter or some other strong conservative goes up against a random liberal college student they pulled out of school.

I consider Fox and Friends to be news anchors, yet they have the conservative views that their 'editorial' shows have, though not as blatant as Bill O'Reilly or as batshit crazy as Glen Beck.

ManusJustus said:
Tony_Stark said:

Are you talking about ones shown by news anchors, or news commentators? You really need to make the destinction here.

Both. 

I understand that news commentators present their opinions, but a 'news' station should be balanced.  I find it sad when Ann Coulter or some other strong conservative goes up against a random liberal college student they pulled out of school.

I consider Fox and Friends to be news anchors, yet they have the conservative views that their 'editorial' shows have, though not as blatant as Bill O'Reilly or as batshit crazy as Glen Beck.

you mean people like Dr. Marc Lemont Hill, Alan Colmes, leis Weild, Juan Williams, Bob beckel, Kirstain Powers, Geraldo Revara, and countless others that i cant remeber. Dont even try to act like they dont have people from the entire politcal spectrum on their channel. your only fooling yourself (and people who get their info from msnbc, youtube, and the daily show, and people who actually dont watch fox)

also you mind posting me a link of this happening. 

osamanobama said:

you mean people like Dr. Marc Lemont Hill, Alan Colmes, leis Weild, Juan Williams, Bob beckel, Kirstain Powers, Geraldo Revara, and countless others that i cant remeber. Dont even try to act like they dont have people from the entire politcal spectrum on their channel. your only fooling yourself (and people who get their info from msnbc, youtube, and the daily show, and people who actually dont watch fox)

I just provided you a link of a blatant lie that Fox News tried to passed off, but you 'suprisingly' ignored it.  Do you want me to spend all day looking this stuff up?  How about you do so yourself rather than have me be your knowledge bringer.

I don't recall what the exact situation I previously mentioned was, but Fox News pitted strong conservative Ann Coulter (a successful author and commentator) against a random liberal college student who was attending some rally and had them debate the subject of the rally.  And this happens all the time.  It would be akin to having Democrat Bill Clinton debate Republican Uncle Jethro from some holler in West Virginia on foreign policy.

ManusJustus said:
osamanobama said:

I just provided you a link of a blatant lie that Fox News tried to passed off, but you 'suprisingly' ignored it.  Do you want me to spend all day looking this stuff up?  How about you do so yourself rather than have me be your knowledge bringer.

I don't recall what the exact situation I previously mentioned was, but Fox News pitted strong conservative Ann Coulter (a successful author and commentator) against a random liberal college student who was attending some rally and had them debate the subject of the rally.  And this happens all the time.  It would be akin to having Democrat Bill Clinton debate Republican Uncle Jethro from some holler in West Virginia on foreign policy.

no source, didnt happen.

and i could post hundred of other videos of equally qualified people debating each other.

i also like that you conviently glanced over, most of my post. proving fox has tons and tons of people of all ideollogies on daily

edit: was that footage ever proven to be fake. i cant even tell what type of trees those are, its to blurry. also people were wearing coats, so i would imagine it was cold. also it said Union protest, and that was a union protest. if they actually did post wring footage, im sure they corrected the record, they alsways do.

but if you want to continue to rely on the Daily show and MSNBC for your coverage, be my guest. just dont vote in any election, we need informed voters 

Tell me what you want, but this can't be typos. The "S" is way too far away from the "B" on the keyboard to press it accidentally.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.