By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - News anchor mix up Obama and Osama

Silver-Tiger said:

Tell me what you want, but this can't be typos. The "S" is way too far away from the "B" on the keyboard to press it accidentally.

Did you notice where Dan Rather called  Barack Obama "Osama Bin Laden."

Like he literally fully said Osama Bin Laden... these kind of things happen all the time, and are bound to happen a lot when you rush and are dealing with breaking news.

You've never typed or said a word that was completely different from the word you meant to type?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Tell me what you want, but this can't be typos. The "S" is way too far away from the "B" on the keyboard to press it accidentally.

Like he literally fully said Osama Bin Laden... these kind of things happen all the time, and are bound to happen a lot when you rush and are dealing with breaking news.

You've never typed or said a word that was completely different from the word you meant to type?

Well, sure it happens, but only when I talk. When I write I rarely make mistakes.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

osamanobama said:

edit: was that footage ever proven to be fake. i cant even tell what type of trees those are, its to blurry. also people were wearing coats, so i would imagine it was cold. also it said Union protest, and that was a union protest. if they actually did post wring footage, im sure they corrected the record, they alsways do.

but if you want to continue to rely on the Daily show and MSNBC for your coverage, be my guest. just dont vote in any election, we need informed voters 

Those are palm trees.  Pretty simple to identify really, you just need half a brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RClJ6vK9x_4

Edit: Just realized I was arguing with "osamanobama."  The jokes on me.

pezus said:
ManusJustus said:

To get back on topic, Fox News has made this mistake many times before, mostly during the presidential election.  I wouldn't be suprised, and actually expect, them to sink to whatever method to increase support they can since the economic policies they support failed and the defense policies they support failed. 

If the only thing you can do is call names, then you might as well use it.  You see it on the playground all the time...

LOL.  I like how Fox News puts a question after completely ridiculous statements, as if that gives you a free pass to be a stupid as you want.  I wish I could use the same standards as an engineer that Fox News uses as journalists, I could call out anything and have no responsibility for it.

"ZERO FACTOR OF SAFETY?"

"MEETS ENGINEERING STANDARDS?"

"10 - NO. 6 REBAR  12" OFFCENTER?"

"W12 X 25?"

"CLASS 5000 CONCRETE?"

"COMPACT TO 95% STANDARD PROCTOR?"

ManusJustus said:
pezus said:
ManusJustus said:

To get back on topic, Fox News has made this mistake many times before, mostly during the presidential election.  I wouldn't be suprised, and actually expect, them to sink to whatever method to increase support they can since the economic policies they support failed and the defense policies they support failed. 

If the only thing you can do is call names, then you might as well use it.  You see it on the playground all the time...

LOL.  I like how Fox News puts a question after completely ridiculous statements, as if that gives you a free pass to be a stupid as you want.  I wish I could use the same standards as an engineer that Fox News uses as journalists, I could call out anything and have no responsibility for it.

"ZERO FACTOR OF SAFETY?"

"MEETS ENGINEERING STANDARDS?"

"10 - NO. 6 REBAR  12" OFFCENTER?"

"W12 X 25?"

"CLASS 5000 CONCRETE?"

"COMPACT TO 95% STANDARD PROCTOR?"

you actually think thats real? wow

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
osamanobama said:

edit: was that footage ever proven to be fake. i cant even tell what type of trees those are, its to blurry. also people were wearing coats, so i would imagine it was cold. also it said Union protest, and that was a union protest. if they actually did post wring footage, im sure they corrected the record, they alsways do.

but if you want to continue to rely on the Daily show and MSNBC for your coverage, be my guest. just dont vote in any election, we need informed voters 

Those are palm trees.  Pretty simple to identify really, you just need half a brain.

yes that video i could tell there were palm trees.

but that proves what exactly.

but you clearly  dont watch fox, nor do you have any interest in what they report on a daily basis. providing both points of views on every issue. just continue living in your happy place where the stuff the daily show tells you is true

osamanobama said:
ManusJustus said:
osamanobama said:

Oh I don't know, a lie being told to support one side over another?  That or the people at Fox News are retarded, have your pick.

ManusJustus said:
Tony_Stark said:

Are you talking about ones shown by news anchors, or news commentators? You really need to make the destinction here.

Both. 

I understand that news commentators present their opinions, but a 'news' station should be balanced.  I find it sad when Ann Coulter or some other strong conservative goes up against a random liberal college student they pulled out of school.

I consider Fox and Friends to be news anchors, yet they have the conservative views that their 'editorial' shows have, though not as blatant as Bill O'Reilly or as batshit crazy as Glen Beck.

No, just no, the news portions of the lineup is the only portion that needs to be ballanced, the rest is just fillers, news with opinions about said news. Anyway, your point about Ann Coulter is moot, and silly at best. Liberal "news" organizations do that sort of thing all the time. Besides, I highly doubt its Ann Coulter vs. some random college idiot all the time, I've seen her go up against some pretty knowlegible liberals, and never seen her go up against some "random college kid" to be fair though, I don't watch much of FOX.

Fox and friends is news commentating, plain and simple. If you actually watched more than youtube clips and liberal hate videos, you would actually know a thing or two about FOX.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

ManusJustus said:
osamanobama said:
ManusJustus said:
osamanobama said:

Oh I don't know, a lie being told to support one side over another?  That or the people at Fox News are retarded, have your pick.

Really? Oreily  does not = news. So yeah, epic fail on your part...again.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Silver-Tiger said:
Kasz216 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Well, sure it happens, but only when I talk. When I write I rarely make mistakes.

well good for you.