Forums - Gaming Discussion - VirtuaTennis 4 Review: Kinect VS Move

fps_d0minat0r said:
ithis said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

so to sum it up:

"move is great"

"kinect is awful"

no surprises then.

But if you can't use the Move for the majority of the game it's rather pointless don't you think?

its a shame it cant but its far from pointless.

in sports games, i usually only play the career once or twice at most. i prefer the freedom to select different players/teams and game options every time i play which is usually offered in the 'exhibition' mode.

Ah, well I never payed the series so I don't know. But not alowind it for the career mode seams rather random don't you think? ...M$ must have paid them off :P

Around the Network

Not to question the credibility of the site... wait, yes I am. But I'm not going to listen to any site called the "sixthaxis" when it comes to Xbox news/ reviews 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

ithis said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
ithis said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

so to sum it up:

"move is great"

"kinect is awful"

no surprises then.

But if you can't use the Move for the majority of the game it's rather pointless don't you think?

its a shame it cant but its far from pointless.

in sports games, i usually only play the career once or twice at most. i prefer the freedom to select different players/teams and game options every time i play which is usually offered in the 'exhibition' mode.

Ah, well I never payed the series so I don't know. But not alowind it for the career mode seams rather random don't you think? ...M$ must have paid them off :P

ive not either, i used to play virtua tennis though.

it does seem strange, maybe a future patch would fix it?

dsister said:

Not to question the credibility of the site... wait, yes I am. But I'm not going to listen to any site called the "sixthaxis" when it comes to Xbox news/ reviews 

Bravo. My thoughts exactly. Kinect has such a depth to it that most studios don't seem to fully realize or utilize. But why bother even saying this? Most people on this site are... well you know.

I like my Kinect but it doesn't prevent me from saying that it's more difficult for devs to properly make a game for it unless they dedicate dev time specificaly for Kinect. Games are bad when they're not properly designed for Kinect there's no denying it. Saying it's Kinect's fault though is complete bias as the games made for it offer better controls and in some cases unmatched experiences (Dance Central/Kinect Sports).

Around the Network

they announced Kinect support waaaay to late and VT4 was a PS3 exclusive when they announced it, so I'm really not surprised.

Lazthelost said:
dsister said:

Bravo. My thoughts exactly. Kinect has such a depth to it that most studios don't seem to fully realize or utilize. But why bother even saying this? Most people on this site are... well you know.

*looks around suspiciously* Really, they ARE??? OMG, and I say hello to most people on this site. *runs away crying*

OT: It does breathe a hint of bias :). Eurogamer on the other hand says Move is better, just that the game sux with motion controlls so it doesn't matter :).

dsister said:

I wish people would put sixaxis (oops SixthAxis)  in the thread titles about their articles so some of us could ignore them like we do when we see hiphopgamer.

Porcupine_I said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

score 8/1? Does that make it the best game ever :P

no, it makes you the most annoying person ever :P

fixed, btw

haha

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

kowenicki said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

so to sum it up:

"move is great"

"kinect is awful"

no surprises then.

no....

THIS game with move is ok and THIS game with kinect is not so good, apparently the kinect version is better if you hold a tennis racket...  o.O ...according to oither less biased reviewers.   (but lets face it... 99% of VT players will use their standard controller otherwise they will be a) knackerd and b) crap)

But... overall.... kinect is fun, move is boring.

bye now.

i used quotes from the summary, you didnt.

but....overall... move works, kinect doesnt.

bye now.