By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - can some1 xplain y is wii outselling xbox 360 n ps3?

YOU VERMIN! DIE!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
If it passes 20,000,000 and is still selling at its high rate I am confused.

Why do you figure it will halt at 20 million? I suspect I know your answer, and if it is the obvious one you might as well not reply because I will prove you wrong. 20 million is a nice milestone, but not significant in any real way.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Gnizmo

Im saying that after the holidays if it keeps selling 1M or more a month I will be confused.

mM

Well put your silly confused hat on leo-j, because the fact of the matter is the Wii ain't going anywhere but upwards and onwards.

leo-j said:
@Gnizmo

Im saying that after the holidays if it keeps selling 1M or more a month I will be confused.

Why would it go from being sold out all year to selling less than 50% of the units manufactured?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Cause its cheaper and its a fad thats in full swing. I think the Wii will be like pokemon cards, extremely popular for a while, but now nobody buys them. It will keep selling well for a while they i think we'll see a significant drop off.

I think it's outselling them because nintendo puts $300 in every Wii box so people would buy em, and then they will able to brag how they are the market leaders...

In other words... because Wii is simply more FUN

but, when i'm already writing this, i'll add more - i was just playing SMG with my girlfriend. And it was FUN playing together, altho she was only collecting starbits and kicking mario in the butt. She also likes Elebits (or Eledees) and RRR. I thought i would never get into either of those games, but when you have an open-minded approach to em, they are bloddy FUN. Especially when played in 2+ players IN THE SAME ROOM.

PSaiki said:
leo-j said:
@itend

Welcome to vgchartz :D

The ps3 has amazing games, resistance is considered one of the best FPS out, and Ratchet and clank is also amazing, also CHECK gamerankings UNchartd has a 90.

Besides, the wii has NO GAMES AT ALL that attract the Hardcore, All of there games attract mainly 13 year olds or smaller. Except MP3(which still has not sold 1 M).

My theory is that kids want the wii, the hardcore and older teens despise and dont want it. I know because Im in high school, and only an idiot would get a wii over a 360. Not saying anyone on the site is an idiot(90% of the site is Nintendo For life gamerz never played a playstation or xbox..), The 9th graders brag about how great the X360 is, and the ps3 is a suck fest(just because the xbox had better graphics they think the 360 has better graphics than the ps3..)
The sophomores are neutral, jouniors duuno, seniors are 360 fanbots.

HUAHUAHAUAHAUHAAUAHAUAHAUAHAUAHAUAHAUAHAUAHAUAHA........................................

You are the youngest here. Why don't you like Wii than??? Some weeks ago you were 14............ hahahaha

Many people above 40 are playing wii............. yeah.............. attracts the smaller...............pfffffffff

You are the perfect exemple of contradicition. You are very young and is saying that Wii appeals to the younger crowd.

You barely become a teen and you think you are an adult.

Try to read Thesource's post.

PS3 and Xbox360 appeals mainly  to men between 12-35. 

I dare people to say they never seen a teen loving play violent games.

I'm a high school teacher. If I were to gauge the expressed interest of my students over the past 2 years (admittedly a small, non-random sample that has no statistical significance) the interest in the Wii slightly outweighs the 360, but there is very little interest in the PS3, I suspect because the vast majority know their parents could never afford it at current prices. Almost none of them are technically savvy, and so have no real clue why the price differences exist between the 3 consoles, or what makes BluRay so damned great.

bushkadush said:

this is not a fanboy wats so eva but if u compare the consoles list of games in 2006, 2007, 2008

how the hell can the wii sell 17 million which outsells xbox 360 n ps3

ps3 list of games in 2007

- resistence

- motorstorm

- fight night 3

- call of duty 3

- call of duty 4

- heavenly sword

- tom clancy rainbow 6 las vegas

- assassin's creed

Xbox 360 in 2006:

- gears of war

- the elders scroll: oblivion iv

- call of duty 3

- fight night 3

xbox 360 in 2007:

- halo 3

- bioshock

- call of duty 4

- assassin's creed

- forza motor 2

ps3 games in 2008:

- mgs4

- killzone 2

- gta iv

- haze

- resistence 2

- devil may cry 4

- gran turismo 5

xbox 360 in 2008:

- gears of war 2 [maybe]

- gta iv [ and its down content]

- ninja gaiden 2

- tom clancy rainbow 6 las vegas 2

- halo wars

- tom clancy splinter conviction

with all those games how can wii outsell xbox 360 n ps3?

Because your grammar is attrocious.

xbebop said:
bushkadush said:

this is not a fanboy wats so eva but if u compare the consoles list of games in 2006, 2007, 2008

how the hell can the wii sell 17 million which outsells xbox 360 n ps3

ps3 list of games in 2007

- resistence

- motorstorm

- fight night 3

- call of duty 3

- call of duty 4

- heavenly sword

- assassin's creed

Xbox 360 in 2006:

- gears of war

- the elders scroll: oblivion iv

- call of duty 3

- fight night 3

xbox 360 in 2007:

- halo 3

- bioshock

- call of duty 4

- assassin's creed

- forza motor 2

ps3 games in 2008:

- mgs4

- killzone 2

- gta iv

- haze

- resistence 2

- devil may cry 4

- gran turismo 5

xbox 360 in 2008:

- gears of war 2 [maybe]

- gta iv [ and its down content]

- ninja gaiden 2

- tom clancy rainbow 6 las vegas 2

- halo wars

- tom clancy splinter conviction

with all those games how can wii outsell xbox 360 n ps3?

Because your grammar is attrocious.

*atrocious

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612