By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best and Worst Female RPG Characters [RPGFan]

I haven't played even nearly half of the games on the list but now I'm seriously reconsidering getting Star Ocean: The Last Hope even if it some day goes even lower in price. Those videos, I'm not sure I want to hear those voices or those discussions, voices or not.

Anyway, I'm happy there were quite a few characters from games I own on the list. What I'm not happy that I've still not played them: Final Fantasy VI, Beyond Good & Evil, The Longest Journey. I also have Mass Effect and I've played it, but I'm not ready to raise Shepard this high just yet. She's fairly good but unless competition isn't very good, I don't see why she should be on the list.

Around the Network
RageBot said:

Chun Li? Good character?
She never said anything in any game, she has no character at all!

And commander sheperd? It isn't a character at all, it is a group of choices...

Celes, Requel, Lenneth and probably Mitsuru are good picks though, don't know the other characters.

Anyway, there are so many more female characters that should've been on that list.

This goes for Aiddon too, but:

One of the reasons that BioWare gets flack over Shepard is that she (because Shepard is a lady, I have no idea who that guy in the commercials is) actually is a predefined character with a set personality. It's true that you can determine certain values they have or actions that they take, but Shepard herself, at the core, is very consistent.

Edit:

Also this is a silly list

kaine <thumbs up>

RageBot said:

Chun Li? Good character?

Celes, Requel, Lenneth and probably Mitsuru are good picks though, don't know the other characters.

Anyway, there are so many more female characters that should've been on that list.

They're probably drawing on Chun-Li's rather rich background as expanded upon in supplemental materials, which is only hinted at in the games

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MrBubbles said:

Best:  Quina

Worst:  Quina

Possibly disqualified from both lists, as this is only for "females."

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
MrBubbles said:

But he/she might be a female.

tehsage said:
noname2200 said:
MrBubbles said:

But he/she might be a female.

Hence, "possibly"!

Mr Khan said:
RageBot said:

Chun Li? Good character?

They're probably drawing on Chun-Li's rather rich background as expanded upon in supplemental materials, which is only hinted at in the games

Or they could be acknowledging that Chun-Li is pretty much the second most important female ass-whooper in the medium's history, as well as the second most ass-whooping inclined

I bet it's that

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
RageBot said:

Chun Li? Good character?

Or they could be acknowledging that Chun-Li is pretty much the second most important female ass-whooper in the medium's history, as well as the second most ass-whooping inclined

I bet it's that

Out of curiosity whos the 1st

only becuase i would  consider  Chun Li  the face of the famale characters

The list sucks.

Samus doesn't even talk, and has nothing very interesting about her. Also, until recent games, could have been a man and nobody would notice the difference, just based on the fact that she doesn't talk or have any personality. Most people who played the original thought Samus was a man called "Metroid" - the female thing was just to surprise players at the end of the game.

Also Shion is better than any character on their "Good" list.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.