By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you canceling your credit card after the hacker attack?

According to this article, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/29/playstation-network-data-for-sale_n_855381.html, which could be BS. There was credit card information stolen and it is for sale.

So my question is are you canceling your credit card or are you going to wait it out and hope not only that this is false but that is wasnt stolen in the first place?

Around the Network

kind of already posted http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127988&page=1&str=494117664#

but like i said before

unless the victim, sony and the actually banks can can confirm a actaul fraud due to PSN attack..im callin BS on all of this.

What why would anyone be paranoid enough to cancel their credit card?

You won't have to pay if your credit card is used you know.

Credit card companies are aware of the situation and they would do anything to keep you as one of their clients.

no id be more inclined to use it for a big purchase then claim fraud

Very true Bank will refund money for fraudulant charges. But i must say I hope these dirt bags get some jail time.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Credit card companies are aware of the situation and they would do anything to keep you as one of their clients.

I called my credit card company yesterday to ask about how long it would take to issue me a new card, as well as what other options I might have other than outright canceling my card. Still haven't made up my mind yet. 

A couple of years ago I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card. It wasn't a large amount and the credit company was helpful about taking care of it for me, but their investigation took a lot of time and it ended up being more than two months before my account was cleared of the fraudulent purchase. 

ASSUMING that credit card info has been stolen from Sony and that it could get into the hands of anyone willing to pay for it, multiple fraudulent purchases or cash withdraws in large amounts could effectively shut down my line of credit for two (or more)   months. 

So, yeah, I think I'll remain "paranoid" for a while longer.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Yes.

ramuji said:
Boutros said:

I called my credit card company yesterday to ask about how long it would take to issue me a new card, as well as what other options I might have other than outright canceling my card. Still haven't made up my mind yet. 

A couple of years ago I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card. It wasn't a large amount and the credit company was helpful about taking care of it for me, but their investigation took a lot of time and it ended up being more than two months before my account was cleared of the fraudulent purchase. 

ASSUMING that credit card info has been stolen from Sony and that it could get into the hands of anyone willing to pay for it, multiple fraudulent purchases or cash withdraws in large amounts could effectively shut down my line of credit for two (or more)   months. 

So, yeah, I think I'll remain "paranoid" for a while longer.

whats the world coming to when they are worried they cant spend money thats not theirs for 2 months....

erm, I have 2 credit cards, one that's 500 dollars... and one that's substantially bigger. I use the smaller one for most internet purchases where I can't use paypal.

granted if paypal gets hacked I'll cancel >_>. But that's kinda the whole point of their existance.

Boutros said:

People who are smart and take precautions.

Debit Card people can be cleaned and not be reimbursed if a bank chooses too.