By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There are 2.2 Million PSN Member’s Credit Card Details up for Sale

Bullshit.

Credit Card Companies Find No Psn-Releated Activity

Around the Network

It is fake... 

1) SONY didn't CVV2 numbers...
2) Visa, MasterCard, American Express all believe its fake. I'm pretty sure they would take it seriously if it was real...
3) A creditcard number without the electromagnetic strip infomation or CVV2 is worth very little -- it is just too difficult to guess the information without risking triggering security systems (after x failed CVV2 numbers the credit company locks the card and they record details like where the card was used. Also most banks issuing credit cards have pretty good security systems, going oversea's and plan to use your credit card? You really should warn your bank or your credit card will likely be locked.)

see how it feels when your fav console get into shit like this? Anyway, it is still  an excuse to update your CC infos.

Xxain said:

This is somewhat of a serious issue, especially since im one of those ppl that have there card attached to there PSN account.

posting obvious crap like this especially knowing SONY doesnt ask for that info is just wrong  for ppl who are sweatin thsi

if you have real evidence of threat post that instead

I agree it's likely not true, that's why I said it in the opening post and the article says (that's why it pays to read!) but it still doesn't change the fact it's interesting that someone is claiming to sell the information and it's on a major news outlet (MSNBC).

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

seriously what a load of crap..at least put 'rumor' on the title

Not even deserving of that

It's not a rumor though, someone is actually selling something, it's just not know if it's real number or nothing (which it likely is nothing).

Around the Network

I didn't know MSNBC was part of the rumur mill guys. Come on now, that is a major news source and this should be posted for peoples general info. I would understand if it was some no name site, but MSNBC is a news source.

Even though I doubt it. They can try to sell my card to someone if they choose, but it's going to suck for them that it is no longer of any use :)

radishhead said:

This is definitely not true.

How do you know its not true?

Let us just assume for a moment that this is true.

My debit card info was on my PSN account. Now if I contact my bank and get a new card, I am totally in the clear from this mess?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Let us just assume for a moment that this is true.

My debit card info was on my PSN account. Now if I contact my bank and get a new card, I am totally in the clear from this mess?

Yes. Just beware of fraudlent emails / phone calls / letters. You should be in the clear, but get that card ASAP just incase and tell them you want it to be deactivated, and then cut it up.

Also make sure that you change any passwords that you had the same as your PSN account.