By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There are 2.2 Million PSN Member’s Credit Card Details up for Sale

seriously what a load of crap..at least put 'rumor' on the title

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Not even deserving of that

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Not even deserving of that

well considering how many certain console fans are making thread after threads on any rumor, or any damn thing on the sony section about these crap, at least a Rumor mention would have made me not waste my 1minute. Seriously some guys are just bored of lack of gaming news for their consoles or something..this is getting rediculous to a point I'm thinking of not even entering sony forums anymore....heck infamous boss battle vide got buried in this crap! 0_o that's just wrong..

end rant

lol no seriously ..I'm a bit annoyed :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I will give you $75 for the MOON!!!!!!!!!! Hit ME BACK ASAP.

Lol.. let's just not believe an online security expert with TrendMicro.. I have seen these carders forums..  you can't just google them, they are only online a few days, and it's a big business, CC number, card reader, blank cards etc it's a lively world..

anyway thats a minimun of 6.6 million dollars... CC numbers can fetch 3 to 15 dollars depending on which card (American Express is more worth the MasterCard) and which Country (Europe more worth the US)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Twes, put RUMOUR in the title before you panic people, huh?  The info in the source is wrong, credit card companies have gone public stating there have been zero fraud attempts based on any Sony held CC details they can see and so far the information from Sony remains CC details were not touched.

This is an obvious rumour, and of course as a rumour is up for posting, but titles should make clear its a rumour, not position it as fact.

I know it doesn't really seem like a big deal but there's bound to be some members who got a shock seeing that and really shouldn't have.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Whatever people may think of the article the source of the comments is a security analyst and a comment from his tweet. If you read some of his tweets and visit some of the chat logs from the 16th that he tracked down I think it is clear that credit card details may well of been at risk including the CVV. The information about the DB info though is just that unsubstantiated.

Anyway I suspect more worms incoming...

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I'd say it's more likely this is people just trying to make a profit on the whole thing more than anything, pretending to have the card details to try and sell to gullible would-be criminals. Sony don't store your CVV number, so there's no way the hackers could possibly have those details from PSN. Basically...

Somebody is trollin'.

That wasn't hard at all. Decided that the google search wasn't a good idea, to put it simply it was easy to come up with a CVV2 number.

Kind of crazy when all you need is a Valid Credit Card and then a generater for a CVV2 number.

Again, 'if' your credit card info 'was' stolen, then the charges are not going to show up on day one, it takes time to hand the numbers off to other people, capture CVV2/security numbers, and then use them.

Not to mention Identy Theft takes place weeks down the road, even months.

People just wait for the highted Alert that card companies are under when a major problem like this occurs and then they use them.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

this was just...bad....