By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is doomed..

The only thing Nintendo is doomed of is being crushed by a mountain of their annual profits. :P

I think Nintendo and Sony are the only ones that have consistently given consumers what they want, Great Games.

I do tip my hat to Sega though; they put a valliant effort to deliver quality games, unfortunately where they seemed to fall short was supporting a console long enough to get a healthy library.

Top end Hardware is temporary, but the games are what are forever remembered. Thats why I have always appreciated Sony for have 10 year long console lives and backwards compatiability. Nintendo may have slightly shorter lifespans on their consoles, but they usually manage to get pleanty of greata games out before the next shows up.

Around the Network

I thought it was doomed in 2006. Is this a new doomed, or did it just never get over the lat bought of being doomed? That would make it a doomed relaspse, and  not a new a condition.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

tell me something new pleas :P

if you go by how things start and end of course they are doomed and so is everything ells :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

its more of an idealogy thing i think, there are some games people like and want made and some that dont, the people who dont care for WiiSports and such were calling doom when Wii came out, the people who like the Metroids and dare i say the more "complex" affair are not the ones shouting doom now because it looks like Ninty might follow the lead of the HD guys and pump out more blockbusters?? for lack of better term. It doesnt really have anything to do with NInty perse IMHO.  I personally dont care about things like WiiSports and Fit and what not. Im not a fat ass so i have no need for fitness "games" and something like WiiSports while fun doesnt really hold my attention. thats why i like the direction that Ninty is going with 3DS and Cafe  (maybe). I understand that people like those games, and i hope for all sakes that they could find a way to please both audiences

What games exactly? it is the lack of new games that makes people go so negative..  How nintendo is going on the last year with the Wii and the launch of the 3DS could only be predicted by a Nintendo hater;..

Around the Network
oniyide said:

its more of an idealogy thing i think, there are some games people like and want made and some that dont, the people who dont care for WiiSports and such were calling doom when Wii came out, the people who like the Metroids and dare i say the more "complex" affair are not the ones shouting doom now because it looks like Ninty might follow the lead of the HD guys and pump out more blockbusters?? for lack of better term. It doesnt really have anything to do with NInty perse IMHO.  I personally dont care about things like WiiSports and Fit and what not. Im not a fat ass so i have no need for fitness "games" and something like WiiSports while fun doesnt really hold my attention. thats why i like the direction that Ninty is going with 3DS and Cafe  (maybe). I understand that people like those games, and i hope for all sakes that they could find a way to please both audiences

Well the term originally meant a huge hit among the public (not among the gaming enthusiasts, as they tend to like games that sell a couple million, less than a million, or ten million). But since the movie industry flooded the market with wannabe blockbusters over the past twenty or so years, the term has lost a lot of its meaning. But being truly accurate, I would call them "big budget games".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@OP sorry, no you cant have fun, because the Wii is still in 1st place and will through the generation. You must hang your head in shame for having the best selling console, because apparently having the winning console is in fact "losing".

Let's further explain. See, the Wii is very far ahead of the pack, and even with the massive gains of 30-40k week by the competition, the Wii will still erase that difference come the holidays, as it has done every year thus far.

So, no, you can't be happy playing the Wii even though its losing, because it already won.

/sarcasm

Honestly, this gen is done and over with, next gen is getting announced very soon. Thinking that Nintendo has lost is as dumb as backwards southerners thinking that the South won the Civil War.

What is far more interesting is this - a non-hd console beat 2 HD systems by a major margin, and now that victorious company is shifting into the exact mindset its competition went into -graphics/power first. Go figure.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

@lordtheknight  big budget, cool, i'll roll with that

@Raze  while i agree with what you say, maybe the OP feels that Ninty is "losing" because there not getting certain "support". IMHO if I buy a console that everyone else did and i dont get the games on it i want, then i can see where this train of thought comes from. However thats more on the actually user and not company. Maybe the OP felt he "lose" because he bought a console that wasnt right for him??

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  big budget, cool, i'll roll with that

@Raze  while i agree with what you say, maybe the OP feels that Ninty is "losing" because there not getting certain "support". IMHO if I buy a console that everyone else did and i dont get the games on it i want, then i can see where this train of thought comes from. However thats more on the actually user and not company. Maybe the OP felt he "lose" because he bought a console that wasnt right for him??

I hear ya. Thats why I have a gaming PC =)

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

@Raze thats a hell of a lot better than just sitting around sulking about how your company "betrayed" gotta go multiplat in this day and age if you expect the get the most out of a gaming library