By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is doomed..

Galaki said:
MrT-Tar said:

They've been 'd0med' for so long I've become desensitised to the whole matter

Truth through repitition.

Repeat it enough times and people are bound to take it as fact, regardless how illogical.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Galaki said:
MrT-Tar said:

They've been 'd0med' for so long I've become desensitised to the whole matter

Truth through repitition.

Repeat it enough times and people are bound to take it as fact, regardless how illogical.

Thanks, *right click, save as*

ready to be deployed in future threads

Good point. After years talking trash I'm actually considering buying one (second hand though) for Xenoblade and The Last Story...

Buzzi said:
radishhead said:

...but can't we enjoy the games anyway?

Who says that winning is everything?

It's not like the games are just going to disappear if Nintendo doesn't quite sell the amount that they hoped. 

Guys, stay calm, and play the games :)

More people should try Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, they would stop complain about lack of great games :D

I have it, it's great, but it's not going to tide me over for months.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Buzzi said:
radishhead said:

It's not like the games are just going to disappear if Nintendo doesn't quite sell the amount that they hoped. 

More people should try Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, they would stop complain about lack of great games :D

Of course, but many seem to think there are not good games on 3DS, while there are at least 3 (SSFIV, Ridge Racer and Ghost Recon). Sure, not system sellers, but neither DS had one (Mario 64 was a remake, I would not call it a system sellers and indeed it didn't push many systems outside the first wave on consumers). Let's hope Zelda doesn't have limited shipments like a rumor says, that would be sad...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
Demotruk said:
Buzzi said:
radishhead said:

Of course, but many seem to think there are not good games on 3DS, while there are at least 3 (SSFIV, Ridge Racer and Ghost Recon). Sure, not system sellers, but neither DS had one (Mario 64 was a remake, I would not call it a system sellers and indeed it didn't push many systems outside the first wave on consumers). Let's hope Zelda doesn't have limited shipments like a rumor says, that would be sad...

This is something I've been trying to get accross for weeks now.  The original DS took almost a year ot get good games (like Kirby's Canvas Curse, WarioWare Touched, Jump Superstars and Ouendan).  The same thing is just happening with the 3DS.  Many amazing games have been announced, but are coming out in Summer-Fall.

Also, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo ot make limited shipments of Zelda Remake.  They did the same with Metroid Prime Trilogy, which now goes for $70 used.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed~

What?

Erik Aston said:

Eh. The sales problem is a games problem. They're one and the same.

I did really enjoy my Gamecube, but after Wii there's no way I want to go back. It has nothing to do with wanting to root for a champion or caring about what other people think about my tastes... It has to do with Wii Sports, WarioWare, Mario Kart Wii and NSMBW being pure bliss gaming that I hadn't experienced since I was a kid. Nintendo has changed course from making those types of games.

Those are so much my thoughts. And replaying a lot of games games like Castlevania and Secret of Many on the VC shows how much talent went into so little, and instead of trying to fake reality, they fired our imaginations (which is basically better than any cut scene a game can have).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Buzzi said:

This is something I've been trying to get accross for weeks now.  The original DS took almost a year ot get good games (like Kirby's Canvas Curse, WarioWare Touched, Jump Superstars and Ouendan).  The same thing is just happening with the 3DS.  Many amazing games have been announced, but are coming out in Summer-Fall.

Also, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo ot make limited shipments of Zelda Remake.  They did the same with Metroid Prime Trilogy, which now goes for $70 used.

I really don't think that will happen with OoT3DS. Prime Trilogy was really pitched from beginning to end as a premium enthusiast-only item. OoT3DS they seem to be pitching as a selling point for the system itself

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.