By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN is a Security Threat To Sony - Will it be removed like Other OS?

snfr said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
snfr said:

The sad thing is... you're actually serious with this. It's not some kind of funny troll attempt, it's simply BS.

Yes, I am serious because this situation warrants to utmost sincerity.

77 MILLION accounts & all personal & private date are compromised including possibly credit cards.

It really doesn't get much more serious than that

Why is it BS??? Just because you say so???

How about engaging in a rational and reasoned debate using logic and factual statements rather than blindly declaring opinions with no basis in reality. 

We can all behave in a civil way here

Yeah, shut down PSN because of that... you know what will happen then? PS3 will be dead within a year or just a few months, but you would probably be happy about that so I see why you made that thread.

But I'm not going to argue with you now. You've been banned many times for a good reason, and arguing with you will absolutely lead nowhere.

Difficult to have enlightening conversation with people who don't read carefully.

I never said shut it down forever.  I said remove it or disable it until all investigations are complete and sony can prove the Network is secure.

Please be civil

Around the Network
Boutros said:

lol why should we care that they have our personal info?

We are one in millions. I have more chances of being struck by lightning than being frauded.

Guess you haven't been paying attention to sony's stock price today

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:SNE

Smarter people than you or I are VERY concerned.

PizzaFaceGamer said:
Boutros said:

lol why should we care that they have our personal info?

We are one in millions. I have more chances of being struck by lightning than being frauded.

Guess you haven't been paying attention to sony's stock price today

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:SNE

Smarter people than you or I are VERY concerned.

What does this have to do with my personal info being stolen?

PizzaFaceGamer said:
snfr said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
snfr said:

The sad thing is... you're actually serious with this. It's not some kind of funny troll attempt, it's simply BS.

Yes, I am serious because this situation warrants to utmost sincerity.

77 MILLION accounts & all personal & private date are compromised including possibly credit cards.

It really doesn't get much more serious than that

Why is it BS??? Just because you say so???

How about engaging in a rational and reasoned debate using logic and factual statements rather than blindly declaring opinions with no basis in reality. 

We can all behave in a civil way here

Yeah, shut down PSN because of that... you know what will happen then? PS3 will be dead within a year or just a few months, but you would probably be happy about that so I see why you made that thread.

But I'm not going to argue with you now. You've been banned many times for a good reason, and arguing with you will absolutely lead nowhere.

Difficult to have enlightening conversation with people who don't read carefully.

I never said shut it down forever.  I said remove it or disable it until all investigations are complete and sony can prive the Network is secure.

Please be civil

Well done. You just described exactly what Sony has been doing. Can we end this topic now and get back to the dozens of others regarding PSN?

Around the Network
PizzaFaceGamer said:
snfr said:

I never said shut it down forever.  I said remove it or disable it until all investigations are complete. 

I read your post carefully. My argument still stands, shut it down for just a few months and you'll have the situation I described.

And it's difficult to have an 'enlightening conversation' because the topic is nonsense. Try to find someone else to talk to here, I have better things to do than talking about such useless topics.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Other OS didn't have enough people using and supporting it to justify security updates, psn does

Nah, I don't think it will be removed... it would be almost as bad as removing the ability to play games on it. It is something that Sony wouldn't even think of removing. They have no choice but to fix it.

Stuff that they could consider removing (if necessary, just to give an example) would be seeing photos on your PS3, playing music, Editing videos, watching videos, Folding@Home, etc... stuff that they don't consider to be very important... I doubt they'd ever remove the stuff mentioned above since there's no need to do that, this is just to give you an example.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

in case you didn't notice ... sony did remove psn.

Your analogy fails,  Other OS was being used to hack the PS3,  the PSN is not being used to hack the PSN.