By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN is a Security Threat To Sony - Will it be removed like Other OS?

When the OtherOS was removed sony said it was because it was a security threat and in order to protect themselves and their customers it was being removed.

Well my friends, Sony's criminal negligence and disasterous failure of securing its user data on the PSN begs the following questions: 

Has the PSN become a security threat to Sony and its customers??

Should the ability to access the PSN be removed/disabled through firmware until Sony can guarantee the safety & privacy of its customers??

My opinion:  I think that unquestionably the PSN is the biggest security threat facing sony.  Using the same logical paradigm sony applied to otherOS, I think we can all agree that the  ability to access PSN should be removed for the forseeable future, because it has basically became a gateway for hackers.  Sony has proven that they cannot protect their customers' information, so I am calling for the shutdown of the entire Playstation Network until all public and private investigations are complete, & until the appropriate authorities determine whether or not the Sony & the PSN can adequately protect its customers.

What do you think?

Around the Network

is this like some kind of a record number of threads like this?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

is this like some kind of a record number of threads like this?

I haven't seen any other threads thoughtfully comparing and contrasting the OtherOS removal with the incalcuble secuirty threat that the PSN poses to its customers.

In the interest of protecting my fellow gamers, I believe the topic worthy of discussion

The sad thing is... you're actually serious with this. It's not some kind of funny troll attempt, it's simply BS.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

the simple answer to your question is: NO!

Around the Network

I highly doubt it, seeing as how it is a big revenue stream for them. Besides after making a lot of progress in providing a viable online gaming service why would they want to go backwards??

Sony will simply have to improve its network security and move on from this temporary setback.

snfr said:

The sad thing is... you're actually serious with this. It's not some kind of funny troll attempt, it's simply BS.

i should just copy and past this as my response to this thread ^-^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

snfr said:

Yes, I am serious because this situation warrants to utmost sincerity.

77 MILLION accounts & all personal & private date are compromised including possibly credit cards.

It really doesn't get much more serious than that

Why is it BS??? Just because you say so???

How about engaging in a rational and reasoned debate using logic and factual statements rather than blindly declaring opinions with no basis in reality. 

We can all behave in a civil way here

PizzaFaceGamer said:
snfr said:

Yes, I am serious because this situation warrants to utmost sincerity.

77 MILLION accounts & all personal & private date are compromised including possibly credit cards.

It really doesn't get much more serious than that

Why is it BS??? Just because you say so???

How about engaging in a rational and reasoned debate using logic and factual statements rather than blindly declaring opinions with no basis in reality. 

We can all behave in a civil way here

Yeah, shut down PSN because of that... you know what will happen then? PS3 will be dead within a year or just a few months, but you would probably be happy about that so I see why you made that thread.

But I'm not going to argue with you now. You've been banned many times for a good reason, and arguing with you will absolutely lead nowhere.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

lol why should we care that they have our personal info?

We are one in millions. I have more chances of being struck by lightning than being frauded.