By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN is a Security Threat To Sony - Will it be removed like Other OS?

Jdevil3 said:

Nah, I don't think it will be removed... it would be almost as bad as removing the ability to play games on it. It is something that Sony wouldn't even think of removing. They have no choice but to fix it.

Stuff that they could consider removing (if necessary, just to give an example) would be seeing photos on your PS3, playing music, Editing videos, watching videos, Folding@Home, etc... stuff that they don't consider to be very important... I doubt they'd ever remove the stuff mentioned above since there's no need to do that, this is just to give you an example.

Thank you for your sensible opinion.

I agree with you that they won't remove it forever.

I just don't think they should rush bringing PSN back too soon before it's ready. 

Hence, wait for all investigations regarding the breach of PSN to be resolved and have the security of the rebuilt PSN be verified by an independent non-affiliated organization.

Around the Network

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

M.U.G.E.N said:

is this like some kind of a record number of threads like this?

from 360 fans gotta be I don't think a single one hasn't made a thread spreading this bullshit FUD and I feel sorry of the poor user that are taking this shit seriously

Common sense dictates a solid no

"Should the ability to access the PSN be removed/disabled through firmware..."

This is precisely what SCE has already done. By shutting down the servers, there is no way to access the network regardless of firmware version.

"...until Sony can guarantee the safety & privacy of its customers??"

And this is what they are currently in the process of doing by restructuring the entire network.

What's left to discuss unless anyone is feeling trollish enough to suggest the later is not possible ergo Sony should keep PSN offline permanently?

Around the Network

End this thread please.

Locking obvious flamebait thread