By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What people blaming Geohotz and the "hackers" seem to be missing...

BMaker11 said:

I can accept an answer like this. You're knowledgable in the field and understand how networking works.

Others in this thread are just saying "this is all Sony's fault. They're negligent. They didn't care by making such a weak network." If their network is so weak, why don't you hack it then? (not directed at you Gnizmo)

The answer is that they can't and they don't have the faintest clue how Sony's network is handled, they just want to flame because Sony made a mistake.

I can understand that. A lot of people are running their mouth about the wrong problems, or making an assumption without explaining why it makes sense. The only major known failure in their security set-up is the fact that the PS3 was treated with any level of trust. The problem is that is a really huge mistake whether it led to this or not. So you get a lot of people half-explaining the issue, and others parroting it as an attack.

Every major problem caused by "hackers" since the PS3 jailbreak can be linked back to the PS3 being treated as a safe link in the chain (save DDoS obviously) so for many it is natural to assume the PS3 was the root cause of this issue as well. I mention this only for academic purposes really, but thought maybe you would like to see the logic. It really is an amazingly bad idea for the PS3 to be trusted. I will guarantee someone very high up became convinced it was hack-proof and made an executive decision to build security around that despite a ton of others adamant protests along the way. I really want to pin this on Kaz Hirai, but that is purely speculation and personal opinion with only a touch of circumstantial evidence to back it up.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
imaprettyhotguy said:

Let me put it this way you aren't worth my time, you are nothing, you have an agenda you don't know what freaking conspiracy means and you are just plain wrong and I really don't care to point out all the ways you are wrong

Kasz , you won at this point.....his arguments are backpedelling into oblivion and the above post is his own special way of saying "Fuck it you win"

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:

It'

Once again

A) They own exactly 50% of the company... and NBC handles day to day stuff more.

B) If they did, there would be proof of it.  See Fox News. 

Though yeah... you seem to be the kind of person in mind when the saying

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."

was coined.

Actually that would be you, see all their coverage of the 360 failrate if you want proof that they use it to push their agenda but your so closed minded lol, theres tons of proof you just don't care 

What a compelling arguement.  You've cited a whole zero articles from them, and a whole zero articles from Yahoo and other news sites.

So all I have is the word of someone who is directly trying to argue with an ex IT guy about what IT language means... who can't even keep his arguements consistant post by post.

Let me put it this way you aren't worth my time, you are nothing, you have an agenda you don't know what freaking conspiracy means and you are just plain wrong and I really don't care to point out all the ways you are wrong

Again with the backpedalling because you know your wrong.

What, did you actually look up a couple MSNBC articles about the RROD and realize how wrong you were?

Liiiike say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28284375/

I'd like to know what my agenda is too haha... that should be a funny one.

Maybe I'm secretly Bill Gates.

You really can't see them downplaying it at every turn?

It was an article about complaing simply for complainging sake... so no.  If Microsoft was controlling everyone behind the scenes there would be no reason for that story.

Which... you know... they don't have any editorial control.

NBC News has full editorial control.  All Microsoft gets out of the deal is large profits from owning the most surfed news website on the internet.

http://www.journalism.org/print/516

Um there is plenty of reason for that Story everyone is reporting it, might as well downplay as much as possible in your report, and they did MS obviously has influence if you can't see that you are simply deluded 

imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:

It'

Once again

A) They own exactly 50% of the company... and NBC handles day to day stuff more.

B) If they did, there would be proof of it.  See Fox News. 

Though yeah... you seem to be the kind of person in mind when the saying

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."

was coined.

Actually that would be you, see all their coverage of the 360 failrate if you want proof that they use it to push their agenda but your so closed minded lol, theres tons of proof you just don't care 

What a compelling arguement.  You've cited a whole zero articles from them, and a whole zero articles from Yahoo and other news sites.

So all I have is the word of someone who is directly trying to argue with an ex IT guy about what IT language means... who can't even keep his arguements consistant post by post.

Again with the backpedalling because you know your wrong.

What, did you actually look up a couple MSNBC articles about the RROD and realize how wrong you were?

Liiiike say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28284375/

I'd like to know what my agenda is too haha... that should be a funny one.

Maybe I'm secretly Bill Gates.

You really can't see them downplaying it at every turn?

It was an article about complaing simply for complainging sake... so no.  If Microsoft was controlling everyone behind the scenes there would be no reason for that story.

Which... you know... they don't have any editorial control.

NBC News has full editorial control.  All Microsoft gets out of the deal is large profits from owning the most surfed news website on the internet.

http://www.journalism.org/print/516

Um there is plenty of reason for that Story everyone is reporting it, might as well downplay as much as possible in your report, and they did MS obviously has influence if you can't see that you are simply deluded 

Everyone was reporting about RROD long after it happened... ok, and what was the point of showing the hardest of the hardcore Microsoft people thinking about leaving PS3?

Then you'll have no problem finding a much harsher article from Yahoo with around the same date?  Right.

Lets be honest here, the one with an agenda here isn't me... and it's a pretty crappy agenda, because if your going to bother to have one, it may as well be one that benefits you in some way.  Trying so hard to go out of your way to have Sony's back has literally zero benefit.

I mean, your argueing that Microsoft is tampering with and endagering one of the more profitable buisness ventures it has... for what?

So the 360 might gain an extra couple sales here or there?

Gnizmo said:
BMaker11 said:

I can accept an answer like this. You're knowledgable in the field and understand how networking works.

Others in this thread are just saying "this is all Sony's fault. They're negligent. They didn't care by making such a weak network." If their network is so weak, why don't you hack it then? (not directed at you Gnizmo)

The answer is that they can't and they don't have the faintest clue how Sony's network is handled, they just want to flame because Sony made a mistake.

I can understand that. A lot of people are running their mouth about the wrong problems, or making an assumption without explaining why it makes sense. The only major known failure in their security set-up is the fact that the PS3 was treated with any level of trust. The problem is that is a really huge mistake whether it led to this or not. So you get a lot of people half-explaining the issue, and others parroting it as an attack.

Every major problem caused by "hackers" since the PS3 jailbreak can be linked back to the PS3 being treated as a safe link in the chain (save DDoS obviously) so for many it seems pretty obvious the PS3 was the root cause of this issue as well. I mention this only for academic purposes really, but thought maybe you would like to see the logic. It really is an amazingly bad idea for the PS3 to be trusted. I will guarantee someone very high up became convinced it was hack-proof and made an executive decision to build security around that despite a ton of others adamant protests along the way. I really want to pin this on Kaz Hirai, but that is purely speculation and personal opinion with only a touch of circumstantial evidence to back it up.

Are we sure it's the PS3.  What i've read it suggested that they ended up taking control of a System Administrators PC.

Seems better to wait for the full report from Sony, the FBI or the security agency they hired before figuring out HOW they botched it.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Everyone was reporting about RROD long after it happened... ok, and what was the point of showing the hardest of the hardcore Microsoft people thinking about leaving PS3?

Then you'll have no problem finding a much harsher article from Yahoo with around the same date?  Right.

Lets be honest here, the one with an agenda here isn't me... and it's a pretty crappy agenda, because if your going to bother to have one, it may as well be one that benefits you in some way.  Trying so hard to go out of your way to have Sony's back has literally zero benefit.

It happened on launch day and that one was way after launch date, and yes vast majority of articles would be harsher, I made a mistake today, I missed one word in Sony's statement but you've made like 5 since I started talking to you it's pretty pathetic 

imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:

It happened on launch day and that one was way after launch date, and yes vast majority of articles would be harsher, I made a mistake today, I missed one word in Sony's statement but you've made like 5 since I started talking to you it's pretty pathetic 

What happened on launch day?   I don't think you seem to quite comprhend my point which was... that article, happened LONG after RROD happened, after RROD was basically considered "solved" by the media.  MSNBC, was reopening those wounds and saying "Hey it's still a huge problem, look at this... and by the way Microsoft has a history of releasing game consoles that are broken at launch."

Though, at least I have that confirmation that the reason you stopped argueing points is because you realized you were wrong, and just didn't want to admit it.

Just about 10 more posts and you'll be ready to admit you were wrong about this.

WTF people?!? How can ANYONE be defending Sony on this. THEY should have prepared for the worst case scenario but they didn't. This is a COMPLETE FUCKUP on their part.

So to sum it up:

It IS Sony's fault (as well as the jackass who hacked them)

This IS serious.

And there is NO debating those facts.

And I don't wanna hear any bullshit anologies.

Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:

What happened on launch day?   I don't think you seem to quite comprhend my point which was... that article, happened LONG after RROD happened, after RROD was basically considered "solved" by the media.  MSNBC, was reopening those wounds and saying "Hey it's still a huge problem, look at this... and by the way Microsoft has a history of releasing game consoles that are broken at launch."

Though, at least I have that confirmation that the reason you stopped argueing points is because you realized you were wrong, and just didn't want to admit it.

Just about 10 more posts and you'll be ready to admit you were wrong about this.

One point was wrong, rest are fine, and there are tons of articles saying it and RROD happend on launch day, honestly how have you survived, I think darwin was wrong about his theory of evolution 

imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:
imaprettyhotguy said:
Kasz216 said:

One point was wrong, rest are fine, and there are tons of articles saying it and RROD happend on launch day, honestly how have you survived, I think darwin was wrong about his theory of evolution 

Where did I say RROD didn't happen on launch day?  I'm going to bold the parts of my post you apparently didn't read... which is basically the whole thing.

You somehow twisted yourself into argueing my point for me at this point.

As for the snippy Darwin comments... that kinda shows a lack of understanding about natual biology and mankind.  Man transcended evolution a long time ago, ever since we developed tools that adapted the enviorment to us.